Snow How goes your snow?

/ How goes your snow? #21  
Ductape said:
Wayne, when you say "just finished removing snow off roof", you meant your two full time maintenance workers, right? :D :D

Carefull with this task. I had a professor (organic Chemistry) do this with a snowblower on his roof. Well, he fell. Broke his leg and hip. You'd think that he would've come up with a "mixture" that would've done the job for him....

/ How goes your snow?
Chuck,
You definitely want to shorten the top link until the cutting edge of the blower is about 1 1/2 inches or so off the ground. Do this until you get a nice frozen surface and then if you want to lower it you won't pick up much gravel. And, of course, always keep a few shear bolts handy.
Have fun.

You just want to be careful when shortening up the top link when using a blower. You should be careful that you don't put too much of an angle on the PTO joints, especially the lower one where it meets the blower. You can significantly shorten your PTO shaft life span.
j

/ How goes your snow? #23  
Ductape said:
Wayne, when you say "just finished removing snow off roof", you meant your two full time maintenance workers, right? :D :D

Okay so someone let it out of the bag! Actually, my son did the main roof and then most of the cape roof. Then the wife and the other son, shoveled the snow off from the rear deck.

I had to take the tractor and blow that snow out of the way! Now tell me this, Who had the hardest job, and "keep in mind that I have to look backward while doing this very dangerous task"! I also took the snow off from the yard tool shed.

One last thing, I also blew the snow away from the front of the house after Son number one cleared off the roof. During this operation I managed to take out all of the tree lights and they ended up in the auger of the snowblower.

/ How goes your snow? #24  
dangerdoc said:
Unfortunately, we've had the ice too. Power is back on though. I discovered that a rock rake is great for the Ice. Turned my skating rink drive into a nice mix of rock and ice gravel with pretty good traction.
How bout a tiller?

/ How goes your snow? #25  
WayneB said:
One last thing, I also blew the snow away from the front of the house after Son number one cleared off the roof. During this operation I managed to take out all of the tree lights and they ended up in the auger of the snowblower.
No great accomplishment / any professional could have done the same thing.

/ How goes your snow? #26  
StrangeRanger said:
I've gotten lots of chilly seat time.

I've also learned I've got 3 shear bolts, not 2. Learned about the last one last night :)

I should take some pics. VT is looking amazing w/ heavily snow laden trees and all. How much fun are the rest of you having?
j
U can have my share.

/ How goes your snow? #27  
Hmmm Snow???

Now where do I remember that word from?

Over here in the UK haven't seen any yet, if i'm correct it is a white sort of colour?

Would love to have some to play with, ahh well back to the wind and rain

/ How goes your snow? #28  
I could sure use a Snow Blower right about now!

To make things worse the Weather Service has posted a high wind warning for tonight and Sunday with winds to 60 mph :eek:

Attachments

• 12_29_07_snow.jpg
    12_29_07_snow.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 272
  • 12_29_07_snow2.jpg
    12_29_07_snow2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 258
   / How goes your snow? #29  
Rebel said:
I could sure use a Snow Blower right about now!

To make things worse the Weather Service has posted a high wind warning for tonight and Sunday with winds to 60 mph :eek:

Great pictures! Heck with winds like that you already have a snowblower!!!

/ How goes your snow? #30  
Hey, looks like blue sky to me! :) It sure can get interesting when the weather front changes after a storm. You don't have much there to break the wind, and it looks pretty bitter....