B3030 rolls away

/ B3030 rolls away #1  

jusdande

When I stop my B3030 on any slope at all, it will roll forward or backwards unless I set the brake. My BX23, that this 3030 replaced, did not move even on a pretty good slope when just left in gear. I had gotten so used to not needing to set the brake that I worry I will forget to set the brake on my 3030 and it will roll off. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the 3030?

/ B3030 rolls away #2  
Is it a hydrostat or gear drive? I would expect that a hydro may roll, a gear will not.

/ B3030 rolls away #3  
My B3030 will roll if on a slope. Not very fast but, it will move. Seems normal to me. Best to get in the habit of setting the brakes unless you're on a level surface.

/ B3030 rolls away #4  
My L3240 will roll, very slowly, on all but the very gentlest of slopes unless I set the parking brake.

Talon Dancer

/ B3030 rolls away
It is a hydrostatic. I'm talking about rolling in Low, Medium, or High gear with the engine running.

/ B3030 rolls away #6  
jusdande, same here, I was surprised by my B3030 also when I compared it to my BX23 but I chaulk it up to differences in the tractors and it really doesn't impact anything I do, I am in the habit of setting the brake on everything from my baby stroller to my pick up, no matter what where or when

/ B3030 rolls away #7  
AMR said:
jusdande, same here, I was surprised by my B3030 also when I compared it to my BX23 but I chaulk it up to differences in the tractors and it really doesn't impact anything I do, I am in the habit of setting the brake on everything from my baby stroller to my pick up, no matter what where or when

Same here......set the parking brake on everything! My BX2230 would stay put on a slope, but my B3030 will roll.

FWIW.....
Swmpbgy1

/ B3030 rolls away #8  
jusdande said:
When I stop my B3030 on any slope at all, it will roll forward or backwards unless I set the brake. My BX23, that this 3030 replaced, did not move even on a pretty good slope when just left in gear. I had gotten so used to not needing to set the brake that I worry I will forget to set the brake on my 3030 and it will roll off. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the 3030?

Anyone who depends on the transmission of an HST to hold their machine stationary on a slope of any kind is in for a rude awakening.

If you can't or won't set the parking break when leaving the platform, at least drop the loader bucket (if you have one) or what ever happens to be on the 3 point hitch, preferrably both.

I admit to not setting the break often, but I put the teeth of my toothbar on the bucket into whatever I'm sittin on.

The transmission is not a break (nor is the engine designed for that purpose).

Stay safe.

/ B3030 rolls away #9  
Ditto to setting the brake. As has been discussed here many times in other TBN forums, on a B3030, it's very easy to set the brake and then forget it's set when you start moving again. I wish Kubota had a light or bell or some other annoyance to remind me it's on.

That said, I don't set my brake as a rule because I usually stop on level ground and drop the loader bucket. That saves the unnecessary wear on the brakes when I'm too stupid to move the tractor when they are on!