Backhoe woods/wallenstein backhoe

/ woods/wallenstein backhoe #1  

selkplitt

Tractor
2018 B2601
Has anyone put these on the back of a bx 2230 or the like. I am curious as to how it hooks up, do I have to have the deck off to install the suframe and can I leave the subframe on and put the deck on? I have 150 hours on my 2230 and I don't know whether to go with a bx24 or get the aftermarket backhoe which would overall cost me less I think.I think the new bx 24 would cost me more to buy than just the aftermarket hoe, but is the bx 24 going to do a better job than the aftermarket. I would be concerned the the bx2230 frame would not be sturdy enough. I am only going to use it for light work, not excavating for a new house. I'm also am curious on the bx 24, how is it to put the 3 point on after the backhoe comes off. I would normally use the 3 point equipment as opposed the the hoe, but the hoe would be nice.

/ woods/wallenstein backhoe #2  
I have the Woods BH6000 on my BX2230.I had the Woods dealer take it to install as it is a significant job. The manual for the sub frame is donwnloadable at the Woods site and outlines the sub frame installation. I think has slightly more dipper stick than the Kubota. (At least it did on the BX23.) It also has hydraulic dampening on the boomer as opposed to the rubber stops on the 'Bota. (At least the BX23, but they may have changed it, You would certainly have to take off the mower for the install, then the sub frame is permanent and everything else goes on and comes off IE the mmm, the 3PH, etc. :D

/ woods/wallenstein backhoe #3  
Lots of posts on this one. I have the Woods FEL and BH setup on a BX2230 from day one. Both have been outstanding and I can attest to the durability. The tractor has build trails in upstate NY, dug countless trenches and planting every tree in the neighborhood. I did not do the install, the dealer did the install and it was a several day process I think.

I've never had any issues other than some hose issues with the BH. The FEL is super easy to install and remove. The BH is a bit harder but I'm able to take if off as quickly as the OEM BH now.

The complete sub frame is amazingly stout. Its pretty overkill and I would not doubt that it makes the BX2230 stiffer than the BX23. It is one heavy duty item. Check out the install manual from Woods and you should be able to see exactly how significant the reinforcements are. I can take pictures if you would like.

/ woods/wallenstein backhoe
I thank you guys for responding. You have answered my biggest question as to being able to use my MMM with the subframe still on.
Thanks again,
Kevin

/ woods/wallenstein backhoe #5  
selkplitt said:
I thank you guys for responding. You have answered my biggest question as to being able to use my MMM with the subframe still on.
Thanks again,
Kevin

One thing that has not been mentioned is that with the Woods kit installed it is a PITA to adjust the level on the MMM. The subframe gets in the way of being able to see and adjust the bolts & springs. Ive never had to make the adjustment but I went to check it and I noticed it would be an issue to adjust it.

/ woods/wallenstein backhoe #6  
Scrounger said:
One thing that has not been mentioned is that with the Woods kit installed it is a PITA to adjust the level on the MMM. The subframe gets in the way of being able to see and adjust the bolts & springs. Ive never had to make the adjustment but I went to check it and I noticed it would be an issue to adjust it.

Interesting point. I have been unable to get the mmm adjustable height knob to lock into the uppermost position. Upon Scroungers mention, it occurs to me that this became evident about the same time I acquired the BH. I, too, have never tried adjusting it, but it is on my list. That being said, it is a minor inconvenience, if any at all.