emergency!! BX23 wont shut off..

/ emergency!! BX23 wont shut off.. #1  

Rusty4242

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
This is the 2nd time this has happened. In cold weather only. When finished snowthrowing, the engine won't shut off when the key is turned to off position.

First time it quit after a few seconds, today(now) it just keeps running. What can I disconnect to get it to turn off? Thanks, Larry

/ emergency!! BX23 wont shut off.. #2  
Down by your fuel filter close the fuel shut off valve!

/ emergency!! BX23 wont shut off..
Thanks, i'm off to the barn!

Is that the fuse marked solenoid in hte small fuse block dangling below the ingition switch?

/ emergency!! BX23 wont shut off.. #6  
I used to have a B1750HST that acted similar. It had an emergency shutoff knob I could pull to stop it. Then it would shut-off with the key. I think the snow accumulating under the hood from blowing,interfering with the start/stop solenoid to pump linkage. The manual shutoff was stronger than the solenoid,pushing the snow away,allowing the solenoid to work again. Perhaps this is occuring to you?

I don't think these is such a switch on tis 905 engine. I have a clamp on the fuel hose between what look like 2 filters onder the foot pedels, witing for it to run out of fuel, it's been 10 min. so far.

/ emergency!! BX23 wont shut off.. #8  
If all else fails, pull the air filter and block the air off.

Pulling the solenoid fuse didn't do it. Cutting off air with my glove did it quick. Pretty easy ,too. Didn't think of that, duh!
Guess that's how I'll be shutting it off until things dry out. thanks all, Larry