How to work loader bucket

/ How to work loader bucket #1  

kolmstead

Tractor
Kubota L2950DT and L39 TLB
Hi, I have a question regarding efficient loader operation. On most loaders, including that on my L39, the lower left option (joystick pulled back and left) is blanked out on the decal. The first paragraph in the Kubota manual on Operating the Loader explains this... "however the blank position (Raise & Roll Back) is not recommended for scooping because of insufficient lift force."

Then, in the right hand column on the same page, under the topic "Filling the Bucket", it says... "The rollback and lifting of the bucket will increase efficiency because a level bucket throughout the lifting cycle resists bucket lift and increases breakaway effort." And there's a drawing of an operator's hand pulling back and left on the stick.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I read the two statements as contradicting. The real reason I'm asking, though, is because the technique that has always seemed to work the best for filling the loader bucket on my old L2950 was exactly that stick position. The L2950 rarely has enough oomph to lift a level bucket when it is buried in a pile. Once breakaway occurs, no problem. So I'm still trying to decide whether I've been bad all these years, or not.

-Karl

/ How to work loader bucket #3  
That position on my loader stick does absolutly NOTHING and I hate it. That is the one function that I wish I had. I naturally go to that postion everytime I use the loader out of natural tendancy. I can not train myself for some reason not to and it bugs me. Is there anything we can do to get this function to work on our Bota's?

/ How to work loader bucket #4  
My new L3400 has the same problem and is the one thing I miss most about my old tractor!

/ How to work loader bucket #5  
Huh, I'll have to look at that tonight. I know my manual (L3400) said the same thing, but I could swear I've been rolling and lifting. Well, we'll see how cold it gets before I go on outside to play.

/ How to work loader bucket #6  
kolmstead said:
H

Raise & Roll Back is not recommended for scooping because of insufficient lift force."

The rollback and lifting of the bucket will increase efficiency.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I read the two statements as contradicting.

l

Perhaps not contradictory. I'd guess they are talking about trying to roll back and lift AT THE SAME TIME versus Roll first, THEN lift.