Long time lurking member

/ Long time lurking member #1  

dwsq

Tractor
B2630
I wish to thank all of you for your guidance on here and welcome myself to your threads. I own a B2630 with a 60" bush hog and 60" box blade with the FEL also and of course the mighty 9" post hole digger.
I have completed many projects with this tractor since new in summer of 05 to include maintaining six level acres with the bush hog and installing over 900' of fence posts. I also recently started work on 600' by 200' wide 8' deep pond using a rented BOBCAT excavator and my tractor, pictures to follow in more thread postings. The Pond is coming along, amazing how much dirt one can move with my sub compact tractor.

I have lurked on this thread for a long time and never really had much to say till now, my next door neighbor who owns a landscape company recently purchased a brand new JD 110 with a hydraulic 6' box blade, and a bucket loader that detaches for BOBCAT implements, well what a piece of junk, my little Kubota pulls more dirts, operates more efficiently and overall hands down runs circles around the JD. His first day of operating with in five minutes his comments was he should have bought a Kubota.

I bought my tractor after reviewing many post's on here and there isn't one post that drove me to it, but many that made the choice the right choice for me. If you want a tractor that pulls hard, sips fuel, is easy to operate get yourself some Kubota, it's good.

Thanks.
Dennis

/ Long time lurking member #2  
Welcome-18-june.gif
Dennis, this place is very addictive for knowledge.
And we love pictures here
Jim
:)

/ Long time lurking member #3  
Glad your Kubota works well. Other folks with JD110's are happy with them. What sort of complaints does he have? Has he gone back to the dealer? It may be that he does not have enough weight to pull. Does he have filled tires? Wheel weights? (He should have both).

Here's a tip, it's OK to talk up your machine, but typically you won't win admiration by talking down a machine you don't own.

Be sure to post pictures of your pond project. Would love to see that 'bota working hard.

jb

/ Long time lurking member #4  
Hi Dennis, welcome aboard. Glad to hear from another satisfied Kubota owner. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have bought one, but a buddy of mine up the road has part of a family owned Kubota dealership, and he let me borrow his sub compact to fill in around the basement of my barn. His tractor impressed me, the BX 2230 I bought in 2004 impressed me, and the B7800 I bought last April just impresses the heck out of me.
Although the previous post warning about bashing another brand is probably true,(I did it too), I would like to say that never once have I ever regretted investing in the Kubotas that I've owned. If the BX 2230 was a little bigger, I never would have upgraded to the B7800, but what an impressive little machine it was, and the new owners love it too. I also have a little T1570 for the wife and kids to do small chores with.
Glad to hear from you, and can't wait to see pond pictures.
Pat

/ Long time lurking member
john_bud said:
Glad your Kubota works well. Other folks with JD110's are happy with them. What sort of complaints does he have? Has he gone back to the dealer? It may be that he does not have enough weight to pull. Does he have filled tires? Wheel weights? (He should have both).

Here's a tip, it's OK to talk up your machine, but typically you won't win admiration by talking down a machine you don't own.

Be sure to post pictures of your pond project. Would love to see that 'bota working hard.

jb

JB,
Completely understand on the bashing part, actually he went back to the dealer and frankly the way the tractor is configured it is to much weight for the engine, 41hp diesel, dealer recommended he put it in low which was obvious, tires are filled, problem lies in when he drops the box blade down and puts any kind of angle the whole tractor bogs down, and we are talking minimal angle for pulling dirt, on flat ground.
Great tractor for his landscape loading side of the business with the detachable FEL and trying to load with a bobcat into a pickup is a skill, that alot of $8 employees don't care about having.

Also what impressed him most of the Kubota was the ability of the engine not to bog down, the B2630 will spin wheels, pull harder, but just won't quit.
So point taken and thanks for helping me out.

I will post some pics of the pond, took some last night have to downsize them...

Thanks

/ Long time lurking member #7  
dwsq said:
Also what impressed him most of the Kubota was the ability of the engine not to bog down, the B2630 will spin wheels, pull harder, but just won't quit.

Oops, a JD person might jump and say the engine is bogging because the tractor is perfectly balanced and able to get the max traction. The Kubota is spinning it's wheels because it doesn't have enough traction, and the load comes off when the wheels start to spin. And he would probably be correct IMO.

But I'm not a JD person. Actually I could be orange, blue, green, red, or purple. I just bought used the bst thing I could afford.

Congrats on the new ride!

Rob

:D

/ Long time lurking member #8  
Welcome Dennis, glad to have you aboard.

Is your neighbor familiar with hydrostatic transmissions? It is common for new owner to want to push the peddle to the metal when they need more power and with a hydrostatic tranny that is raising the gear ratio and will bog an engine. He may have better results if he will let off the peddle when pulling heavy loads with the box blade.

MarkV

/ Long time lurking member #9  
dwsq said:
His first day of operating with in five minutes his comments was he should have bought a Kubota.

The JD Dealer wouldn't give him a 5 minute test drive to figure this out before he bought?

/ Long time lurking member #10  
MarkV said:
Welcome Dennis, glad to have you aboard.

Is your neighbor familiar with hydrostatic transmissions? It is common for new owner to want to push the peddle to the metal when they need more power and with a hydrostatic tranny that is raising the gear ratio and will bog an engine. He may have better results if he will let off the peddle when pulling heavy loads with the box blade.

MarkV

Good point. I have to admit that years ago when I first got my first hydrostat I was pushing it to the floor and loosing power when plowing snow. After complaining to the dealer they explained the hydrostat better to me. Seems counterintuitive thats the way they work.