Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #1  

Littlehoe

Tractor
2007 Kubota U15
Hi there, new to the forum thought I would show my Kubota. Its a 2007 U15 that I picked up in may of last year. I had a good year with it and hopefully a better year is ahead. I just had a custom hydraulic thumb put on but I don't have pics of that yet... Well here she is.

100_2322.jpg

100_2323.jpg

100_2324.jpg

100_2325.jpg

100_2338.jpg

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #2  
That things cool! I've got a partially collapsed sewer line I need to dig up soon. About 120' or so. As painful as it might be replacing it, I think I need to see about renting one of those as "stress managment"!

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #3  
Welcome to Tractorbynet. And that's certainly a fine looking rig.

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #5  
Welcome to TBN. There a GREAT group of guys and gals here!!

From the prefix on your phone number I take it your not from my zip code:D .

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #6  
Nice Rig - Welcome to the board!

Where are you located!

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #7  
Welcome to TBN!
Awesome rig ya got there!!!

I dont know how your local DOT would feel about the tie downs though.... :eek:

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota
Hey all thanks for the comments, I am up in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. I just started the business last year and those pics are when the kubota was still brand new. It has a few marks on it now but I like to keep it pretty clean looking.

Those straps I have holding it down are rated at 5000 pounds each and the machine only weighs in at 3500 or so. So with the 2 straps on there it isn't moving at all. I noticed I was getting some fraying on the one strap though so I may switch to chains and chain tighteners if my dealership doesn't wanna throw me some new straps at a good deal.

My plan for this year is to pick up a small skid steer like the New Holland ls125 so that I can get it into the same jobsites as my excavator can get to. I can sneak the excavator in a 40" gate so I am focusing on the backyard type work where people don't want to take out a fence to get bigger machinery in. I also want to find a dump insert for my truck, just to make hauling stuff away a little easier.

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #9  
Nice rig! Welcome to the forum. There always seems to be a need for backyard work good luck with the business!

/ Hey all, New Here, thought I'd show my Kubota #10  
We use those 2in ratchet straps over here in Iraq all the time. The way you got it wraped over the boom would ok for a keeping it from swaying around but Chains and ratchet stye binders are the only way to go. The straps are great for wooden crates, pallets of boxed freight, heck we have used them on 20ft and 40 conexs but then again were in Iraq and there are DOT over here so you can do what you want. And as sad as this might sound, they got some 1968 - 1972 old as dirt Mercedes trucks over here still rolling down the road hauling well over 140,000lbs and the US specd 2006 Internationals struggle with 110,000lbs thank the EPA crap for that. Love that sign!!! If business picks up you could get a another one and call it HOE HOE's:D