Oil & Fuel OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #1  

CRAFTBENDER

Western Pennsylvania northeast of Pittsburgh
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I am ready to change the oil in my BX24 and also my Dodge Cummins diesel truck. I have been using the Mobile 1 turbo diesel oil in the Dodge but it is expensive stuff and I've heard the Rotella T is very good stuff. I would like to use the same type of oil in the tractor and the truck. Any thoughts on this? By the way this will be the second oil change on the BX24 and the first oil change was made using the Kubota brand of oil.

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #2  
Theres been many posters here that uses Rotella T 15w40 with no problems. Other's use Mobile 1 Delvac and some even use std Mobile 1 syn 10w30.
I use Kubota branded 10w30 if only because it gives me an excuse to stop by the dealer and check out whats on the lot.

As long as the oil carries a minimum of CD (for off road diesel) and CF-4 for low sulfer and a minimum weight of 10w30 you won't void the warranty on the BX24.

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #4  
I see you're new to the forum (welcome!) so you wouldn't know this, but there have been dozens and dozens of threads on whether or not to use Kubota brand hydraulic fluid. There are two schools - the people who try to save $20 at the risk of a $20,000 machine, and the ones who will spend the extra $20 for peace of mind. :D

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24
RayCo said:
I see you're new to the forum (welcome!) so you wouldn't know this, but there have been dozens and dozens of threads on whether or not to use Kubota brand hydraulic fluid. There are two schools - the people who try to save $20 at the risk of a $20,000 machine, and the ones who will spend the extra $20 for peace of mind. :D

That is a good point. I did call the dealer I bought the tractor from and the guy said my warranty would be void if I used anything but Kubota engine oil or hydro fluid. The manual gives the specifications for the oil but specifies super udt for the trans/hydro. When I bought the BX24 I also bought the engine oil and trans/hydro fluid for my fifty hour change from the dealer. It is only just yesterday that I noticed that the hydro fluid they sold me was udt, not the super udt. I did mention this to the dealer and he told me there isn't much difference between the two except in cold weather. When I changed my engine oil at 100 hours I used Mobile 1 tubro diesel engine oil which is rated off the charts, but when the time comes to change the trans/hydro I'm gonna use the super udt.

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #6  
CRAFTBENDER,

Isn't that interesting that the dealer told you the warranty would be void if you didn't use Kubota oils but he sold you UDT oil which conflicts with what your manual calls for.

You try to do the right thing to maintain your warranty and follow the Kubota manual but the dealer decides what is best for you (based on his inventory). If your manual calls for SUDT but the dealer provides UDT will he then cover the warranty? Of course not! No wonder people find other sources for fluids and parts as soon as the warranty expires if not before.

Tom

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #7  
Simplify your life.

I run Shell Rotella Synthetic 5W-40 in my Chev 2500 HD diesel, Kubota BX 24, BMW R1150 RT, Yamaha FJR1300, JD 265, Honda 50 and 15 HP outboards, Chev Suburban, Ariens snowblower, and Craftsman 22" lawnmower. Never had a problem and never will.

Now go pleasere the Mrs. and forget about this issue for the rest of your life.

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #8  
I like your thinking I have used delo 15-40 in my 6.5 diesel for years and my other gas cars as well and like you never worried as it works well in the lawn mowers too . But like the idea of shell rotella will check into that

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #9  
Mobil 1 is high in price? LMAO!

There are a few fluids that PASS Kubota's fluid spec. You are fine using them.

/ OIL CHANGE KUBOTA BX24 #10  
CRAFTBENDER said:
That is a good point. I did call the dealer I bought the tractor from and the guy said my warranty would be void if I used anything but Kubota engine oil or hydro fluid. The manual gives the specifications for the oil but specifies super udt for the trans/hydro. When I bought the BX24 I also bought the engine oil and trans/hydro fluid for my fifty hour change from the dealer. It is only just yesterday that I noticed that the hydro fluid they sold me was udt, not the super udt. I did mention this to the dealer and he told me there isn't much difference between the two except in cold weather. When I changed my engine oil at 100 hours I used Mobile 1 tubro diesel engine oil which is rated off the charts, but when the time comes to change the trans/hydro I'm gonna use the super udt.

Your dealer is wrong in telling you that you "must" use Kubota fluids.

Please read this article to further explanation: AMSOIL - Warranties and the Magnuson-Moss Act