PTO Hyd. Pump Specs.?

/ PTO Hyd. Pump Specs.? #1  

GilaSlim

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I recently purchased a 2006 Kubota B7800 with 520 hours on it. It came with a LA402 FEL, a BL4690B backhoe, and a Land Pride BB1552 with hydraulic Top-N-Tilt. Two remote valves were added for the Top-N-Tilt. The FEL and BH do not appear to have seen much use. The original owner used it primarily with the BB for levelling a new home lot. For the few hours I have operated it so far, I am impressed - the only thing I have to compare it with is a 1950 Ferguson TO20.

My question concerns the PTO pump that seems to be a standard part with the BH. It is referenced and pictured in the set-up and operating instructions in the owner's manual. Unfortunately, there is little information about the pump itself. One page indicates the pump should have the following identification number stamped on its body: 25503LSC. It then decodes the number as:
25=2500 psi,
5=L2 series pump,
0=plain backplate,
3=2.05 cu. in.,
L=left hand rotation,
SC=Sequential identification (?) - this may be a number.

Can't get to the tractor today to verify this info., but it appears it should be a 2500 psi pump of unspecified flow rate.

What I am trying to determine is the gpm flow rate so I can tell if it would support the operation of something like a 3pt log splitter. Can I use the 2.05 cu. in. * 540 rpm and the number of cu. in. in a gallon to figure the gpm? If so, how many cubic inches in a gallon?

I do understand I would have to provide a fluid tank and filter, since the tank for the BH is permanently attached to that unit. It would be easy to attach a tank/filter to the underside of the main rail on the splitter.

I am considering this route rather than using the already installed rear remotes on the Kubota, as it would also allow using the splitter on the Fergie, which has no external hydraulics on it at all (yet). Using the PTO pump would also allow using the Fergie with a hydraulic dump trailer - with another tank on the trailer.

Thanks,
David

/ PTO Hyd. Pump Specs.? #2  
I found a formula HERE
RPM X Pump Displacement / 231

RPM = 540
Pump Displacement = 2.05 cubic inches
RPM X Pump Displacement / 231 = 540 X 2.05 / 231 = 4.79 gpm

/ PTO Hyd. Pump Specs.?
KennyD, thanks for the great link. I have bookmarked it.

Looks like the PTO pump will run the log splitter, but some slower than the tractor's hydraulics. The B2800 is rated for 6.4 gpm.

Thanks,
David