hydraulic connections for bh90

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #1  

watchdawg

Can someone post a picture of the setup for the rear hydraulic connections installed by the dealer for a bh90? My dealer installed one connection in the rear and ran a hydraulic line over the transaxle(under the seat). It would probably be neater if they had put 2 connectors and just capped them when the backhoe isn't connected. I'd post a pic but it's too dark and my camera isn't up to the challenge! :)

It seems like a clunky layout, but I thought I'd check with the group.

Thanks,
Lorne

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #2  
I don't know if it's right or not, but thats the same setup I have. I believe its because all the fluid and valves that the backhoe uses. That big hose comes directly from the pump even before it goes into the loader. I think its designed to have priority over the loader. however, BE SURE TO ALWAYS have the 2 hoses plugged into eachother when the backhoe is not connected, otherwise the pump cannot circulate fluid and will do something bad very quickly. I thought I could use those lines as remotes for a grapple when the hoe is not on, but its easier to go with anelectric over hydraulic valve for that. If you do a search for grapples on here, you will see what i mean. take care:)

/ hydraulic connections for bh90
Thank you for the reply. It sounds like this is a normal configuration.

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #4  
Watchdawg,
I just had a BH90 installed on my L3830, by the dealer. It sounds just like what you and "Justcountry" are talking about. One line connects to the block under the floorboard. The second line connects into the loader valve block. Both lines run under the floorboard, over the hyd. filter, then up over the rear axle to the back of the tractor.
I haven't used it yet, but have already added a Bro-Tek thumb, and am ready for better weather so projects can be started.
The dealer said to make sure both lines are connected together when the hoe is removed. He said failure to do this will kill the engine as soon as hyd pressure builds. He seemed to think some people learn by doing that.
Before I brought the tractor home, I had the dealer go through the "take-off & install" one time -- that looks slick.
I think you could use other Hyd attachments with those lines as long as they have their own valve like the backhoe --- example, Log Splitter, etc.
Good luck and have fun.
KW

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #5  
watchdawg said:
Can someone post a picture of the setup for the rear hydraulic connections installed by the dealer for a bh90?

Yes I can.

Attachments

• bh90 hoses.jpg
    bh90 hoses.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 281
   / hydraulic connections for bh90
Thanks for the info and the picture.

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #7  
My L3130 has a BH90 plumbed as you described. I know very little about hydraulics. I think this set up is called "power beyond"

Two things I know for sure. Always have those two lines either plugged together or attached to the BH90 otherwise the pump will blow up.

When the lines are attached to the BH or any other implement the three point hitch will not operate. This why I did not buy a 3pth log splitter. I would have had to install a rear remote to run the splitter ands till be able to raise the 3pth.
RPK

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #8  
kwilson@omnicityusa.com said:
Watchdawg,
I just had a BH90 installed on my L3830, by the dealer. It sounds just like what you and "Justcountry" are talking about. One line connects to the block under the floorboard. The second line connects into the loader valve block. Both lines run under the floorboard, over the hyd. filter, then up over the rear axle to the back of the tractor.
I haven't used it yet, but have already added a Bro-Tek thumb, and am ready for better weather so projects can be started.
The dealer said to make sure both lines are connected together when the hoe is removed. He said failure to do this will kill the engine as soon as hyd pressure builds. He seemed to think some people learn by doing that.
Before I brought the tractor home, I had the dealer go through the "take-off & install" one time -- that looks slick.
I think you could use other Hyd attachments with those lines as long as they have their own valve like the backhoe --- example, Log Splitter, etc.
Good luck and have fun.
KW

Please post more information about the Bro-Tek thumb for the BH90 including pictures if you have them. Is this a bolt on? Dealer installed? $$? Thanks.

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #9  
RPK said:
My L3130 has a BH90 plumbed as you described. I know very little about hydraulics. I think this set up is called "power beyond"

Two things I know for sure. Always have those two lines either plugged together or attached to the BH90 otherwise the pump will blow up.

When the lines are attached to the BH or any other implement the three point hitch will not operate. This why I did not buy a 3pth log splitter. I would have had to install a rear remote to run the splitter ands till be able to raise the 3pth.
RPK

Your 3pt will still work if you are connected to BH or other implement since the fluid still has to go the same direction it did when connected to itself....tank, pump, FEL...etc.

/ hydraulic connections for bh90 #10  
GV4OU
Regarding the Bro-Tek Thumb.
It is "bolt on", not welded.
I purchased it on-line from Richard at Bro-Tek.
Not dealer installed. I installed it.
I traded emails with Richard before ordering. I believe they have built many for the smaller units, but just a few for the BH-90.
It was easy to install, and fit perfectly.
It is built strong and heavy. It was shipped directly to my home.
It is painted Kubota orange and came with everything needed -- bolts, washers, nuts, pins, and the upper-link for the open position.
Total cost including delivery was $440.
I have not used it yet, and only have one photo in the folded position.
I have not posted any photos before, so hope this works.
KW

Attachments

• BH-90 with Bro-Tek Thumb (600 x 450).jpg.jpg
    BH-90 with Bro-Tek Thumb (600 x 450).jpg.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 202