Oil & Fuel L3400 fuel pump leaking

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking #1  

ccsial

Veteran Member
Tractor
(Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new
I started my L3400 and noticed diesel fuel dripping from the pump while it was warming up. After making about a 3" dia. spot it stopped. The connections to the pump were OK it was leaking where the can attaches to the pump housing. I called my dealer and he had never seen this happen. He said the Kubota fuel pumps have been very reliable. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

It was 18F degrees, it was plugged in for a few hours. I have 162 hours on it.

Anyone ever had this happen?

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking #2  
I ain't getting on my tractor when it's 18 degrees outside.

But things shrink when it's cold so you maybe looking at a future component change in the future, if it's still under warranty I would get it done on the coldest day so they can verify it also.

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking #3  
Lots of cold days up here and I've never encountered it. I'd say just keep any eye on it for now.

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking #4  
I only have 42 hours on my L3400 but most of those hours have been when the temperature is below freezing and it has been as cold as -10F when starting in my unheated garage. I also plug in my block heater for a few hours before starting.

I have never seen any leaks and it would be obvious on the concrete floor of my garage if I did.

Tom

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking
I'm sure this isn't normal. I was just kind of wondering if it had happend to anyone else. It's probably a pretty rare failure. I'll keep an eye on it. I plan to run it today. If it leaks again I'll just pop in a new fuel pump. It only lasted 2 1/2 years it probably just had some minor defect when it was built.

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking
It started to leak again this morning and it did it long enough to find. It was a hose clamp that was not as tight as it should have been. The one that comes into the left of the pump. All is good now.:)

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking #7  
It's nice when it's just a simple fix:)

/ L3400 fuel pump leaking #8  
ccsial said:
It started to leak again this morning and it did it long enough to find. It was a hose clamp that was not as tight as it should have been. The one that comes into the left of the pump. All is good now.:)

Thanks for letting us know how you solved the leak problem. It might help me in the future.

Tom