Can a BX24 Handle this?

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #1  

rimshot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510 HST
A question about the capabilities of the BX24. Here, is a Cl1 snowplow from TSC, Can a BX24 handle this as an attachment:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_34302_______14345|14346|14354|34302?listingPage=true

Some say the BX24 can handle CL1 three point attachments and others indicate it can't because the hitch on the BX is too low to facilitate raising the implement.

I would think if it could handle this snowplow for under $300. That would be cheaper than buying a rear snow blade from Kubota.

rim

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #2  
TSC claims that " King Kutter's XB series equipment is specially designed for today's subcompact tractors". Since the BX24 falls into that category, it should be able to handle the 2122450 5 ft XB Rear Blade to your satisfaction.

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #3  
King Kutters XB line was designed to fit the BX tractor. Even the color is a match. I have the XB box blade, the XB landscape rake w/ gage wheels, and the XB middle buster/sub soiler for my BX23 and they work perfectly.

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #4  
To build on these comments, the 3PH on the new generation of BX (yours) is significantly higher than the previous generation (mine) so I think the "lift height" issues have been addressed.

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #5  
The RB-60 King Kutter rear blade (or any of the clones) that use a band of steel bent in a triangular shape for the bottom 3pt mounts will hit the attachment points for the turnbuckles on the lower arms of a BX2350 preventing you from hooking the blade up. I used an angle grinder with a cutoff blade to cut the band an inch or so in front of each pin, turned it over and welded it back on. Looks kind of strange, but it worked. This was the only type of blade I could find in my area, so I didn't have a choice but make it work. I can take pictures if anyone wants. As an alternative, the 3 pt quick connects may extend the arms far enough that this won't happen, maybe someone can chime in if they have used them on this type of blade.

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #6  
mozark said:
The RB-60 King Kutter rear blade... will hit the attachment points for the turnbuckles on the lower arms of a BX2350... I used an angle grinder with a cutoff blade to cut the band an inch or so in front of each pin, turned it over and welded it back on...

Would it be possible to post photos of your ingenius modifications please?

Have you informed the dealer or manufacturer about this problem?

/ Can a BX24 Handle this? #7  
Sorry it took so long, couldn't find pictures of modification, had go to the barn and with the aid of a flashlight take new ones. Here's the before and the after.

Attachments

• P9220069 (Small).JPG
    P9220069 (Small).JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 351
  • P1010013 (Small).JPG
    P1010013 (Small).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 325
   / Can a BX24 Handle this? #8  
Thanks mate