Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #11  
I like the turnbuckels too. Takes only a few minutes. I only hand tighten mine and I am good to go ! If I were changing equipment two or three times a day I might opt for a quick hitch.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #12  
I've complained about mine before. Today I took the extra minute and took out the slack when I put on my hay spear.

The spear lower pins are about a couple inches lesser apart than the blower which I too off. I typically keep the turn buckles set so that I have enough slack to get the blower on.

I must say that it was much nicer not having the bale move side to side at all there.

I think from now on I will bite the bullet and take the extra minute to set the width to just right for the implement at hand with no slack. I have a Pats so that takes most of the work out of it. Might as well spend another minute.

I moved the wrench that fits the for the turnbuckles to my tractor toolbox.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #13  
You guys need to get the Pat's Easy Change setup. Works great for turnbuckle type setups - you pretty much set the turnbuckles to keep the 3pt attachment from swaying, and leave it, especially if many of your 3pt implements have the same pin widths.

Then you just back up to the implement with the lift arms set below the attachment pins, line it up as you back up with your butt firmly planted in the seat, and once you're lined up right, you lift the 3pt arms and the Pat's hitch locks onto the pins. You get off the tractor to attach the top link, and off you go. Very simple and should run you just under $200 delivered. I took my set off my subcompact when I sold it, and it's going onto my new larger compact, so you can use the same set if you need to upgrade machines down the road.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #14  
For you L3400 owners w/ turnbuckles... what size wrench do you use? Figuring that out has been on my to-do list for a very long time, but I keep forgetting/am too lazy. Please enlighten me. Thanks,
j

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #15  
My lock nut is a size 10 inch craftsman cresent wrench :) I also am to lazy to figure it out.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #16  
b_z_genius said:
My lock nut is a size 10 inch craftsman cresent wrench :) I also am to lazy to figure it out.

A size 10" craftsman cresent wrench? Uhm, isn't the wrench size stamped right on the wrench itself?
j

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #17  
StrangeRanger said:
For you L3400 owners w/ turnbuckles... what size wrench do you use? Figuring that out has been on my to-do list for a very long time, but I keep forgetting/am too lazy. Please enlighten me. Thanks,
j

I use a 15/16" wrench, it works perfect. Seems to me it should be metric, though.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #18  
mjfox. I think that I use either a 7/8 or a 15/16 ... forget which. I too expected it to be metric but found that one of the SAE ones fit better so I put it in my tractor toolbox.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #19  
If you look closely you will see my wrench hanging from my factory supplied wrench holder. :)

Attachments

• BB Side view S.jpg
    BB Side view S.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 390
   / Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #20  
StrangeRanger said:
A size 10" craftsman cresent wrench? Uhm, isn't the wrench size stamped right on the wrench itself?
j

I had to go look but it isn't on there, my wrench must be two old and before laser etching days. I would have a newer one if they did make them so well. Or our terminoligy is different, cresent wrench is adjustable and open or box end wrench is fixed with size stamped on it.