Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #1  

Bob_Young

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4000; Ford 2000(both 3cyl.);JD40; 2004 Kubota L4300; 2006 Kubota B7610; new 2007 Kubota MX5000
My B7610 has these. They're inside the lower lift arms and, at the tractor end, are anchored on the same centerline as the lift arms. The way they're attached at the tractor end insures they only carry tension loads, not compression.

I'm probably off base on this but I like 'em...or at least like the way they're used on the B7610. I like the way you can snug them up and take all the side-to-side slop out of the 3PH. Seems to make the whole assembly more rigid and less prone to side shocks...plus you always know exactly where the implement is. Since they share the lift arm centerline at the tractor end, there isn't any binding when you raise or lower the 3PH.

I've got telescoping stabilizers on the L4300 and chains on the Fords. They're OK and quicker to use when changing implements. But you can never totally remove the side-to-side slop with them. When turning on a hillside, a heavy implement will try to wag the dog.

People have been changing out the turnbuckles for the telescoping version in some of the posts I've seen. Almost jumped at that myself, but then asked why do this and give up the rigidity advantage?

Anyone else see rigidity as being a big advantage with a 3PH?
Bob

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #3  
Bob, I'm with you on this one. Yes, it takes a few extra seconds to back them off and then snug them up again when changing implements, but I sure do appreciate having the blower or bushcutter NOT flailing around back there. ;)

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #4  
I have owned both, they both have their good & bad. Overall i like the telescoping.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #5  
I have not had both but I can operate a wrench without any difficulty so the turnbuckles work just fine for me:)

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #6  
Actually, you don't even need a wrench--a screwdriver, rod, prybar--anything to snug 'em up a little after hand tightening most of the way will do. Makes for a good stable connection of implement to tractor.....
Regards, Mike

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #7  
Agree 100% with Bob Young. I have never had other arrangements, but I do notice a difference when my Woods 60" rotary mower is slapping from side to side versus nice and tight. Also, my L3400 is very narrow in the rear and I don't want the arms dragging on the tires.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #8  
I'm with Bob too. My B7800 has a quick hitch now so the turnbuckles help keep my 3 pt implements from saying around too much. Not sure if the telescoping ones would be better though.

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #9  
I've had and used both. On small tractors and big farm tractors. I like the telescoping stabilizers myself. If your changing implements often, you can't beat them.

You can snug telescoping stabilizers up too, a lot easier! :)

Dave

/ Turnbuckle 3PH stabilizers #10  
Change the pins to the inside on implements,instant on and off.