Sad day for my B6100 :-(

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-(
I have a parts PDF but the number in it did not bring up any hits.

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #22  
KubotainNH said:
I can try, it's a small garage so not sure how far I can get back. After I posted them I was thinking some were too detailed. These ones were more for knowing how things will go back together. Here's a question for someone who's done this on one of these little tractors, where'd you get the tool to line up the clutch disk? Will an auto parts place have one to fit? Thx.

You can eyeball it or trace the shaft back towards the rear end and there is a coupler, loosen that and you can extend the shaft forward a few inches... this was just enough for me to get the clutch aligned etc when putting it back together.

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #23  
I just go thru a couple of our local dealers for parts on my B6000. While not as cheap, I feel a bit better supporting the local businesses when I can. I am saving your pics as future referance for when I have to split my B series, the 6001 is about as close to the 6000 as one can come unless your working on one. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Mike and Michele T

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #24  
Mike...re centering the clutch disc...I have had great luck over the years using a piece of an old broom handle or a wooden dowel of the correct diameter to fit through the splined hole in the disc. The wooden broom handle with a rounded end works well to center in the pilot bearing, otherwise I whittle the end of the dowel to fit the pilot, being careful to centre my whittling.:rolleyes: The last clutch I replaced actually came with a plastic tool that saved me the whittling!:D
Good luck with it.

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #25  
KubotainNH said:
I can try, it's a small garage so not sure how far I can get back. After I posted them I was thinking some were too detailed. These ones were more for knowing how things will go back together. Here's a question for someone who's done this on one of these little tractors, where'd you get the tool to line up the clutch disk? Will an auto parts place have one to fit? Thx.

Most auto parts houses have inexpensive (plastic) alignment tools to line up the clutch plate. You will need the ID of the pilot bearing and the OD of the splines on the input shaft. Probably will be metric. I have a universal tool that is SAE that I have been using but the cheap tool is adequate.

Vernon

Thanks for all the tips. When I did my car I had a plastic tool, but I figured the tractor may be different than cars but maybe not. As for my local dealer, they are quite a drive and they don't impress me much. I have no issue buying stuff locally if they act like I'm the customer.

Here's a couple pics from back a bit. Please disregard all the stuff in the garage.

Attachments

• DSCF0066.JPG
    DSCF0066.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCF0067.JPG
    DSCF0067.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCF0068.JPG
    DSCF0068.JPG
    304.9 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCF0069.JPG
    DSCF0069.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 482
The old tractor is finally back together and running. I did have a glow plug issue, just a loose connector though. The clutch pedal is now adjusted properly so hopefully this clutch setup will last forever. Total time somewhere between 7-8 hours including some repair work. It's good to hear the old diesel run.

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #30  
Great to see you have it up and running. It doesn't look like the small work space helped you doing your repairs. What did you end up using to align the clutch plate etc. Not a broom handle hopefully. :)
The Gotcha Man