L2800 - Reversible front Rims?

/ L2800 - Reversible front Rims? #1  

teg

Tractor
s
I seem to be very tippy...:eek: I keep the bucket low and drive slow but I guess these CUTs are just this way. I was looking at a couple of things, including spacers for the rear tires, (1"x2 for $199:rolleyes::() (I have R4's) then looked at the front tires wondering... why so many holes? The rim seems off set a little and for the price (free) it's worth a shot. What do you think... Anyone know for sure that they can be reversed?

Last edited:
   / L2800 - Reversible front Rims? #2  
If the wheels were swapped side to side, how much more offset would you gain? Would that extra offset interfere with the loader supports when you crank the wheel all the way to one side? I know there isn't much room on my L3400 (with AG's) when it's cranked to one side. Always more stress on the front bearings/hub when you re-space.

By listing R4's as a possible option in your post: Have you maxed out the rears? I need to do mine, but want some help when I do it.

/ L2800 - Reversible front Rims?
I do have R4's, thought they would have been a little more stable then Ag's. As for how much I'm trying to gain, I'm not sure but guessing an inch or so. Since it cost $200 to get 2" for the rear... if I get anything distance on the front (for free) I want to do it. For all I know... the front rims for R4 is exactly line up in the middle of the tire and the extra holes are for weight reduction. :eek:

/ L2800 - Reversible front Rims? #5  
Did you turn your rear tires. I got around 4 inches and it felt a lot better. Also free.

woodchuckie, I think you are talking about AG tires, R-4 (industrial tread) only has one setting for the rear. Have you measured what your outside to outside width is on your AG tires? For the R-4's it's 60" on the nose. Wonder if it's the same for ag's (my guess is, it is).

KennyV, Thanks, I didn't think of that...

/ L2800 - Reversible front Rims? #7  
I have R-4's on my L3400 and yes the front rims are offset. You can flip them. if you flip them you swap sides as well so that the tread direction stays the same that way you dont have to unmount the tire. i think i gained about 2" per side. the outside of my front and rears almost line up. I think it helped with the stability on mine. They do come close to the loader support during full turn but they dont touch it. i say do it and try it. You can always swap them back if you dont like it. the other set of holes are conical on the other side for the lugnuts to seat into

it also puts the valve stem tot he inside where it is more protected. i have only knocked out one stem since turning them around. compared to about 1 a job with them facing out. i do debris removal and i think im more prone to rub againt debris then run over it

/ L2800 - Reversible front Rims? #8  
teg said:
woodchuckie, I think you are talking about AG tires, R-4 (industrial tread) only has one setting for the rear. Have you measured what your outside to outside width is on your AG tires? For the R-4's it's 60" on the nose. Wonder if it's the same for ag's (my guess is, it is).

Yes with them turned with the valve stems to the outside it's 60 or 61 inches. Less turned the other way.

Mahana79, thanks... I thought that they might since now they look like they are about 2" inside of the rear tires. I'm looking forward to setting them out more!! I'll take some photos of it when I do it... unfortunately, that will be over a month away :( :(

/ L2800 - Reversible front Rims? #10  
I flipped mine around and not problem. They looked funny at first but I'm use to them now. I flipped mine around to match the rears when I load the tractor on the trailer...my ramps are not very wide.

But as Kennyv mentioned, technically I don't think it helps with stability as widening up the rears does.

Good Luck,
Rob