Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1850

Default Green Paint to Orange Paint

This my first post to the forum, but I have been lurking for many months. I was at my brother's house for Christmas and overheard my nephew talking about how his lawn tractor died and he didn't have the funds to get it fixed or buy a different one (new house and baby). Well... I have been looking for an excuse to buy a new tractor, so I told him he could have my old, but faithful, John Deere 112 (square fender). Although it's 36 years old, I was only the second owner and now my nephew will be the third. The JD was in great shape (for its age) and has served me well. The day after Christmas, I signed the papers for a new kubota 1850 with front blade. I wanted a FEL, but really had no need for one. The tractor is primarily used to plow our 400' driveway in the winter. Well, the tractor was delivered last week (reportedly delayed due to a shortage of blades) and it is fantastic. One reason I chose the Kubota oveer the other brands was all of the positive comments it received on this forum. Many thanks to all of the active forum members. After one week, I have logged about four hours of seat time. Of course, I am hoping for more snow. I am amazed how well it handle 6 plus inches of snow with just wheel weights and no chains. My little JD could not have done that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    BX-24

Default Re: Green Paint to Orange Paint

Sweet! hope you have fun and welcome.
    2006 BX24, 54"mm, 60" front blade, Hydraulic Wallenstein thumb and BX42 chipper, Woods 48" box blade and 60" rake, TSC 48" rotary cutter.
    1976 Wheelhorse B-100, 42"plow and 36" deck
    1977 Wheelhorse B-100, 36" deck, moldboard plow.
    Always looking for more!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX23

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

ron

Tractor
    Kubota BX1850

Yes this was a big step forward for me. Really, there is no comparison between the old JD and the new kubota. In all honesty, the Kubota was probably more tractor then I need, but it is sure fun. My neighbor still uses the older JD 112s and swears by them for small jobs around the house - yard work. I am fortunate I was able to upgrade.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Nice looking machine, and that was a very nice thing you did for your nephew. Good deeds deserve a nice new toy, I mean tool.
    BX24, 60"MMM, Farmforce 4 ft box blade, Farmforce 5 ft landscape rake, Mighty Bandit 6" chipper w/20hp Onan

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX 2350

Congrats but it looks like you need to go back to your dealership and ask them where your new seat is? Looks like you still have the old style.
    See this thread; http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ml#post1175451
    BX2350 w/ 60" mmm, FEL, Hyd frt blade, 50" Farm King Snowblower, Custom F&R Forks

Tractor
    Kubota BX1850

Zick:

Interesting you bring up the seat issue. Before I purchased the kubota I asked the dealer about the old vs new seat design and he stated that it came with the new seat. I have sent him a e-mail asking about the new seat - so I will wait and see.

The tractor looked like it was invoiced to the dealer in October 2007, so I assumed that it would have the new seat. We all know what happens when you assume something.......

Those new bota's are great. But in all fairness, an equivalent JD would have been an awsome step up too.

It was a good thing you did for your nephew. I know my first year in the house all I had was a lawnboy 19" push mower that was found under a stall full of horse manure to mow 3+ acres.

jb

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

== ==
    1* Congratulations on the BX1850 : You will love it. I know I do my 3 BX Kubotas.
    2* Get one and find out much you need it.
    3*Hafta agree on that one.
    4*My BX 1500 done great plowing 4'' of snow. I have a front blade and rear tiller on it.No wheel weights and no chains.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by lv4toys
    1*The day after Christmas, I signed the papers for a new kubota BX1850 with front blade.
    2*I wanted a FEL, but really had no need for one.
    3*Well, the tractor is fantastic.
    4-I am amazed how well it handles 6 plus inches of snow with just wheel weights and no chains.
    == ==
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by lv4toys

I signed the papers for a new kubota BX1850 with front blade.

Did you get the 54 or 60 inch blade?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast