Green Paint to Orange Paint

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint #1  

lv4toys

Tractor
Kubota BX1850
This my first post to the forum, but I have been lurking for many months. I was at my brother's house for Christmas and overheard my nephew talking about how his lawn tractor died and he didn't have the funds to get it fixed or buy a different one (new house and baby). Well... I have been looking for an excuse to buy a new tractor, so I told him he could have my old, but faithful, John Deere 112 (square fender). Although it's 36 years old, I was only the second owner and now my nephew will be the third. The JD was in great shape (for its age) and has served me well. The day after Christmas, I signed the papers for a new Kubota 1850 with front blade. I wanted a FEL, but really had no need for one. The tractor is primarily used to plow our 400' driveway in the winter. Well, the tractor was delivered last week (reportedly delayed due to a shortage of blades) and it is fantastic. One reason I chose the Kubota oveer the other brands was all of the positive comments it received on this forum. Many thanks to all of the active forum members. After one week, I have logged about four hours of seat time. Of course, I am hoping for more snow. I am amazed how well it handle 6 plus inches of snow with just wheel weights and no chains. My little JD could not have done that.

Attachments

• 008a.jpg
    008a.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 645
   / Green Paint to Orange Paint #2  
Sweet! hope you have fun and welcome.

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint #3  
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

ron

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint
Yes this was a big step forward for me. Really, there is no comparison between the old JD and the new Kubota. In all honesty, the Kubota was probably more tractor then I need, but it is sure fun. My neighbor still uses the older JD 112s and swears by them for small jobs around the house - yard work. I am fortunate I was able to upgrade.

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint #5  
Nice looking machine, and that was a very nice thing you did for your nephew. Good deeds deserve a nice new toy, I mean tool.

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint
Zick:

Interesting you bring up the seat issue. Before I purchased the Kubota I asked the dealer about the old vs new seat design and he stated that it came with the new seat. I have sent him a e-mail asking about the new seat - so I will wait and see.

The tractor looked like it was invoiced to the dealer in October 2007, so I assumed that it would have the new seat. We all know what happens when you assume something.......

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint #8  
Those new bota's are great. But in all fairness, an equivalent JD would have been an awsome step up too.

It was a good thing you did for your nephew. I know my first year in the house all I had was a lawnboy 19" push mower that was found under a stall full of horse manure to mow 3+ acres.

jb

/ Green Paint to Orange Paint #9  
== ==
1* Congratulations on the BX1850 : You will love it. I know I do my 3 BX Kubotas.
2* Get one and find out much you need it.
3*Hafta agree on that one.
4*My BX 1500 done great plowing 4'' of snow. I have a front blade and rear tiller on it.No wheel weights and no chains.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lv4toys said:
1*The day after Christmas, I signed the papers for a new Kubota BX1850 with front blade.
2*I wanted a FEL, but really had no need for one.
3*Well, the tractor is fantastic.
4-I am amazed how well it handles 6 plus inches of snow with just wheel weights and no chains.
== ==
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~