Air Ride Seat????

/ Air Ride Seat???? #1  

George Gunter

Recently traded for a L5740HSTC with FEL and R4 tires. Rides rough even with minimum air pressure in rear tires. Contacted Kubota customer service about availability of air ride seat. No such option available for this tractor. Has anyone come up with an aftermarket solution to add air ride and still use the OEM seat? This is my fourth Kubota and they all ride alike-L3010, L3130, L3940.

/ Air Ride Seat???? #2  
I have been looking at seat springs and shocks for a Harley solo seat but have not brought that full circle to a fabrication spot yet. They are about 4 or 5 inches long.

/ Air Ride Seat????
Sounds like that could be a possible alternative. Will do some measuring to see if it could be installed. Thanks!

/ Air Ride Seat???? #7  
George,

Here's a thread about seat modifications on a L4310, among other things. It starts with post #108.

I'm thinking about a new seat for my L4330. It seems like the existing seat is designed for mounting on a flat base but the L4330 base is sloped down about 10 degrees so the seat feels like you are going to slide forward out of it.

Hope you post a followup on your project.

John

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/436-l4310-enhancements-11.html

/ Air Ride Seat???? #8  
To add a air suspension system you might want to contact Industrial Seats Tractor Seats - farm, replacement tractor seats or K&M Manufacturing K & M Manufacturing - Your source for tractor seats & accessories.

Industrial Seats are great to talk to about your situation and they should be able to help you out.

I started a thread about air suspension seats not too long ago. You can find it here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/114433-air-suspension-seats.html and if any of the information is able to help you then that is great. Take care.

/ Air Ride Seat????
Have already contacted K&M. Their response was for a complete new seat for about $695.00 (if I remember correctly). Waiting for a response from Industrial Seats. Surelyl someone makes a base that will fit the OEM seat. Don't want to spend $700 plus dollars and trash a new seat.

/ Air Ride Seat???? #10  
George Gunter said:
Have already contacted K&M. Their response was for a complete new seat for about $695.00 (if I remember correctly). Waiting for a response from Industrial Seats. Surelyl someone makes a base that will fit the OEM seat. Don't want to spend $700 plus dollars and trash a new seat.

A complete new seat for my 7710-II is $1400 delivered. So your price sounds good. The seats I am quoting have lateral isolators as well as the fore and aft isolators and it also has a swivel built in so I can lock the seat angled to the side for when I am running certain equipment that needs my attention. I also speced out the best seat they had as I spend a lot of time in the seat and with my back problem now I need something that is going to be comfortable.