Worklight Circuit

/ Worklight Circuit #1  

GotSnow

Tractor
Kubota L4400DT
I know there are lots of posts on this subject, and that many of you may be tired of talking about this but....

I only need one rear worklight, so I was thinking about using what appears to the built in work light circuit. I am well aware that by running a larger wire (with a fuse) and a new switch /relay I could have more lights. But I am looking for a quick install for a 55 watt light, which would be well within the 10 amp existing circuit.

There are two bullet type electrical connectors under each rear fender and a 10 amp fuse labeled as a work light in the fuse panel just under the dash on the "driver" side.
I have not ohmed it out but it would appear that the black one under each fender is ground since it is bare, with the metal exposed. The other is a yellow wire with a bullet connector and plastic cover that would suggest 12V power. You can see the wires in the attached picture, just under the fender by the rear brake lights.

Has anyone already figured out this circuit? Does it come on when the lights are on?

Attachments

• light circuit.JPG
    light circuit.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 270
   / Worklight Circuit #2  
It has been a while but when I installed a rear work light on my L3000DT I connected it to an exsiting light power source. For switching purposes I installed a waterproof toggle switch. The light also goes out when the key is turned off.

Randy

/ Worklight Circuit #3  
It has been a while since I checked, but on my L3400 I believe that circuit is hot whenever the ignition is on.

Terry

/ Worklight Circuit #4  
You don't mention which machine you have, but I can confirm on my L3400 that that circuit is live when the key is on and off when the key is off. It is not connected to the "normal" lighting circuit.

/ Worklight Circuit #5  
Yellow is hot with ignition on, black is ground.