B7800 with 72" mower question

/ B7800 with 72" mower question #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I bought a new B7800 with the Kubota 72" under mower. Have had it for two years and it mows fine. My question has to do with the four gauge wheels that provide the correct height for the cut.
The mower is level just fine but the stubs from the gauge wheels on one side sit higher above the top of the boss than on the other side. Maybe 3/4 inch.
Remember it mows fine and the mower is level. I just wonder if they didn't set up the mower correctly? Doesn't seem likely but I thought I'd ask.
The stub part of the gauge wheel with the adjustment holes sticks out higher above the boss (where the adjustment holes are) on one side than the other.
Anyone have a setup like this that they can check?

/ B7800 with 72" mower question #2  
Mines the same way, but not as bad. One side sits about 1/4" more proud than the other. There are 2 sets of holes to use so make sure you're in the right ones. Mine sits level too, and I checked the mounting bolts on the crossbar assembly the caster wheels are bolted too and all lokks fine. On my level concrete pad it measures out level so I just figured that's the way it is?

/ B7800 with 72" mower question
Thanks JP. Mine may only be a quarter inch as well, I just took a guess from memory. I think it's just the way these mowers must be. Seems odd, with Kubota being such perfectionists at everything else. I guess I won't give it any more thought. Thanks for taking a look.