Not looking forward to snow removal tonight

/ Not looking forward to snow removal tonight #11  
Makes me wanna run right out and do my neighbor's drive; he deserves a few rocks hurled at him ;)

/ Not looking forward to snow removal tonight #12  
I saw that happen once but instead of a rock it was a grenade out of an M79 grenade launcher, and instead of a cabin trailer, it was an incoming helicopter. Watching that grenade, the trajectory, and path looked perfect to take that chopper right out of the air. The grenade passed just under the chopper, and looked like it cleared the skids by the smallest of margins. Whew! is an understatement! :eek: :eek:

It wasn't me that fired the grenade, but a replacement that I was trying to get qualified with the weapon. He was afraid of the weapon because of the big hole in the barrel, and had closed his eyes, and pulled the trigger. I did get to meet the pilot though, and never have been quite so happy to be chewed out!

/ Not looking forward to snow removal tonight #13  
If you have ice get some salt. Water Softener stuff is cheap. 3-4 bags (~$4 bag) would clear up most 2200' foot drives nicely. If possible get the salt for Solor Water Heaters. It spreads nicely out the back of most broadcast lawn spreaders.

/ Not looking forward to snow removal tonight #14  
I drove by Chappell tractor this morning and they had two snowblowers in their used equipment location. Gosh at those prices it might be worth just buying a used blower?

/ Not looking forward to snow removal tonight
Killer_B said:
Sorry Strange, I've tried to feel sorry for you but I just can't. You live on 45 acres, 2,200' off the road in Vermont. That's worth a good bunch of shear bolts in my book.

I'm not complaining B, not much anyway. And trust me, I'm getting pretty good at changing out shear bolts. When I'm out blowing snow I've got a socket and wrench in one pocket, 3 different sizes of bolts in the other and my head lamp on. The hardest one, on the tractor end of the PTO, takes me about 2 min to do. And I hate that one simply b/c there's so much grease all over the PTO knuckle. I feel like an Indy pit crew out there :)