Yet Another Work Light Question

/ Yet Another Work Light Question #1  

mcnitt

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3430
There has been an abundance of work light information in TBN, which motivated me to purchase a magnetic based trapaziod light. Several threads have discussed a fused work light lead being located under their tractor seat. My Grand L 3430 has a fused 7.5 amp work light circuit I would like to use. Before I do something bad, like fry something, does anyone know if my tractor should have a work light lead available to use?

Thanks for your help,

John

/ Yet Another Work Light Question #2  
I just went through this a few months ago...

Sit on your seat and look to the right of your seat. Between the three point hitch controls and the seat you should see a small plug back towards the base of the tool box. It might be just under the deck. Yellow or green, I can't recall and I am over 7K miles from my tractor at the moment.

That proved to be the work light plug that runs back to the fuse block. Very small wires which is why I kept ignoring it.... I decided not to use it at all because I was installing 4 work lights in total. For one bulb it should be just fine, just resist oversizing the fuse if it will not take the bulb's draw.

For my situation I ran a new heavy wire (fused) from the battery to the ROPS and then spliced in a relay that I activate via the tail light circuit. Turn on Kubota light switch and my aux lights controls are powered. Switches for the lights are mounted over my head on the ROPS.

/ Yet Another Work Light Question
David - Thank you for the information. I think I know which wire you are referring to, and I also thought it was too small to be the correct wire. I will take your advice and wire the light directly to the battery.

You are 7k miles from your tractor? Wow - I go through withdrawals and I'm only 120 miles from mine! Thanks again for the help,

John