Default chipper/shredder for BX24 questions

I'm looking to see what my options are in chipper/shredders for the BX24. So far I am not encouraged. Not much out there, and what is there is very expensive (seems to me).

So I found this KPX site which has a chipper for $1999 shipped to your door. I see that it weighs 800 lbs. I look on my BX24 sheet and I think the lift capacity for the 3PH is 670 lbs. Is this right? If this is so, I would assume this would be impractical or impossible to use out in the field.

I've done a search and have not found much. Can anyone shed any light on a good garden type shredder for the BX? I do have a lot of scrub to clear, but anything that can shred branches up to 2" is fine. 90% of all the branches off these shrubs and small trees are less than 2" and most are 1" and less. I'm an organic gardner and doing a lot of compost shredding is the highest priority. I need to mix lots of grass clippings with straw/hay and dried manure in a shredder.

Maybe I would be better off with a stand alone unit. Anyone have any thoughts?

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

Default Re: chipper/shredder for BX24 questions

I have the Mackissic TPH122 wood chipper. I gave $1580 for it in9/07.

Here is a thread on it.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...-shredder.html
    AKA Tom
    #28 World Series Champions for the Yankees in 2014
    Kubota BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM with Gator Blades, 48" Kioti Aerator, M96 Herd Seeder, W.R. Long Tooth Bar, 48" First Choice Tiller, Kubota BX 2750 Front Snowblower, Sims Cab, MacKissic Chipper TPH 122, Carry All, Canopy, and Weight Box

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

NY Yankees fan

Did you get the chipper locally? I'm in Rockland cty NY. Would like to see it in action if the dealer is close by. I have a Mightybandit chipper with a 20hp Onan. Considering selling it and using the money for much needed implements. Figure I can get a PTO chipper , box blade, landscape rake, rear blade and PHD for what I can sell the chipper for. Already been offered $3500 and I haven't put a for sale sign on it yet.
    BX24, 60"MMM, Farmforce 4 ft box blade, Farmforce 5 ft landscape rake, Mighty Bandit 6" chipper w/20hp Onan

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

Got it here, picked it up and saved $ on shipping.
    MacKissic Mighty Mac Shredders and Chippers.
    AKA Tom
    #28 World Series Champions for the Yankees in 2014
    Kubota BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM with Gator Blades, 48" Kioti Aerator, M96 Herd Seeder, W.R. Long Tooth Bar, 48" First Choice Tiller, Kubota BX 2750 Front Snowblower, Sims Cab, MacKissic Chipper TPH 122, Carry All, Canopy, and Weight Box