Why are manuals not available for free download?

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #1  

Sniggle

Silver Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota B7800 (new to me @ 435 hours
Just venting...in this day and age Kubota should make them avaiable free online as a .pdf file. They only afre of use to those who already own their products after all.

-----------------------------
Kubota B7800, LA402, Woods 6 ft LR, RB, 5 foot BB, Speeco PHD, Toothbar, filled rears, bought used with 432 hours on 2/2/2008

Kubota G1900 4S, 60 inch deck, front blade, 1180 hours

/ Why are manuals not available for free download?
It is not there, unfort. I will buy it off ebay.

If anyone want a copy of the following manuals, I will run a .pdf copy and email to you:

- B7800 operator manual
- LA402 FEL operator manual
- RCK-60 27B mower manual (buying, already have Ebay bid)
- G1900 Operators Manual
- 60 inch deck for the G1900

End the tyranny:)

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #4  
Sniggle said:
Just venting...in this day and age Kubota should make them avaiable free online as a .pdf file. They only afre of use to those who already own their products after all.

Kubota B7800, LA402, Woods 6 ft LR, RB, 5 foot BB, Speeco PHD, Toothbar, filled rears, bought used with 432 hours on 2/2/2008

Have you tried TractorSmart.com is your online source for Kubota online parts. ?

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #5  
Sniggle said:
Mighty nice of you.

:tiphat: .

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #6  
Lost the manual to my B7800; had to order one fro messicks.

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #8  
Sniggle said:

IMHO dealers use these manuals as a profit option. So putting them on the internet for free would take that profit from them and Kubota.
Auto dealers do the same. Although owners manuals are quite often found on line for free.

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #9  
ronjhall said:
IMHO dealers use these manuals as a profit option. So putting them on the internet for free would take that profit from them and Kubota.
Auto dealers do the same. Although owners manuals are quite often found on line for free.

Agree, Service Manuals take some time and money to put together. The average guy has no need for one so they sell them. I think mine was $75 and it has the owners manual inside it. Got the parts manual for free, in some cases more useful.

Rob

/ Why are manuals not available for free download? #10  
RobJ said:
Agree, Service Manuals take some time and money to put together. The average guy has no need for one so they sell them. I think mine was $75 and it has the owners manual inside it. Got the parts manual for free, in some cases more useful.

Rob

I'm not sure if the original poster is referring to "Owners manuals" or "service "manuals" as he does not distinguish. To me, I think it would be a good customer service move to have online access to the "owners manual". Honda marine does this for instance and I think it is a customer friendly thing to do.

As for "service manuals" I agree that these are for dealer servicing or the higher mechanically skilled owner and there is much more time and money/effort put into these hence the legitimate cost they charge.