Tore up knee update

/ Tore up knee update #1  

Shantycoke

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7800, Kubota T1570
Hello friends,
Some of you may remember my post back in October about tearing up my knee while pouring concrete under my barn overhang. Well, here it is Feb., I went to the doc last Friday, and he more or less said I need some more healin time. After 6 weeks on crutches and in a straight brace, tons of physical therapy, and looking after this knee like a piece of fine china, he said come back and see him in a month. If any of you guys feel the need to tear up your knee, tear the acl, tear the meniscus, but for the sake of Pete, don't tear any cartlidge. That's whats taking the time to heal. The other two were good to go a month and a half ago. I was hoping to get Christmas off with this, but I've had that, New Years, Ground Hog Day, Ash Wednesday, and I'll be pushing Easter. I need some seat time, but the stinkin grass won't grow, too early to plow, and can't take the tractor down into the hollow to cut wood because I'm afraid to get off and risk rippin the doctors handiwork all apart.
I'm almost looking forward to getting back into the powerhouse and making electricity. I really need something to do. An idle mind is the devils workshop.
Take care all. Can't wait till warmer weather.
Pat

/ Tore up knee update #2  
Take care of that knee. I tore both of mine up back in the day and I pay close attention to them now.
I hope you heal well.

/ Tore up knee update #3  
Shantycoke said:
Hello friends,
Some of you may remember my post back in October about tearing up my knee while pouring concrete under my barn overhang. Well, here it is Feb., I went to the doc last Friday, and he more or less said I need some more healin time. After 6 weeks on crutches and in a straight brace, tons of physical therapy, and looking after this knee like a piece of fine china, he said come back and see him in a month. If any of you guys feel the need to tear up your knee, tear the acl, tear the meniscus, but for the sake of Pete, don't tear any cartlidge. That's whats taking the time to heal. The other two were good to go a month and a half ago. I was hoping to get Christmas off with this, but I've had that, New Years, Ground Hog Day, Ash Wednesday, and I'll be pushing Easter. I need some seat time, but the stinkin grass won't grow, too early to plow, and can't take the tractor down into the hollow to cut wood because I'm afraid to get off and risk rippin the doctors handiwork all apart.
I'm almost looking forward to getting back into the powerhouse and making electricity. I really need something to do. An idle mind is the devils workshop.
Take care all. Can't wait till warmer weather.
Pat

I feel your pain, I had a back problem was down and out for over a year back in the early 90's. Now @ 49 years old I decided that since I have lived this long, living like I did I better take care of myself. I quit smoking last april and gaind a few pounds lost a few pounds.
I then thought I was in pretty good shape and fairly active(behind my desk) LOL but couldn't lose the weight. So I decided to join the gym, best thing I ever did. Boy was I out of shape. Now30- 60min cardio 6-7 days a week, weight training(get a trainer to teach you how) 5 -6 days a week. 3-4 more weeks and I should be at my goal weight.
Hopefully gettting fit and strong will prevent SOME injuries and stave off some of the old ones.
I'm not a doctor and don't even play one on TV, but to me physical therapy was a joke, a waste of time and money when I went for my back. I think they are just too conservative with their efforts trying not to do more damage.
Keep active as you can it will get better with time, just don't overdue it. One false move with a knee like that and your back to day 1.:mad: Good Luck:D

/ Tore up knee update #4  
Well, I suppose that the good news is that you are feeling better enough to be frustrated, but that is a poor thing to hear when you just want to be doing things. We are not 18 anymore, and take longer to heal, and that is a very frustrating process. Take care of that knee......... hope you are running on it by warmer weather.

/ Tore up knee update #5  
Hang in there and be happy that you are dealing with this over the winter and not the good season! ;)