Oil & Fuel BX 2230 Fuel Leak

/ BX 2230 Fuel Leak #1  

valleydweller1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
Hi all,

I parked my BX 2230 in my garage the other night and when I pulled the tractor out the next day I had a large puddle of diesel on the ground. A quick glance suggests a leak around the top of the fuel pump; has anyone else had a problem like this? I plan on taking a closer look tomorrow.

Greg

/ BX 2230 Fuel Leak #2  
If the leak is on the left side (when sitting on the tractor) and it ran down the rear tire then it's the infamous leaking fuel sending unit. This was a comoon problem on the BX22/BX2200's and early BX23/BX2230's. There is a kit to replace the leaking gasket and some have just permatex'ed the original. You have to remove the fenders which entail removing quite a few parts to get at it but it's not major surgury, just R&R'ing parts including the ROPS. Do a search for leaking BX's and you should find several threads describing the procedure.

As an aside, if you still need to work the tractor before you can schedule a day to do the work just don't fill the tank completely full and you shouldn't leak as the leaky sender gasket is on the uppermost portion of the tank. Some have posted running an entire summer awaiting winter down time to do the repair.

Good luck

/ BX 2230 Fuel Leak
Tore into it today, there was a small tear in the fuel line right where it comes into the injector pump. Cut off the end and reattached, all is well!

Greg