Replacement key for Kubota?

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #1  

drw

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
This might be a silly question, but I've searched and can't find the answer. Is there a place where one can purchase an extra backup key for their Kubota tractor? I once drove 45 minutes to my property and realized I had left the key back home, and I don't ever want to repeat that experience.

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #2  
drw said:
This might be a silly question, but I've searched and can't find the answer. Is there a place where one can purchase an extra backup key for their Kubota tractor? I once drove 45 minutes to my property and realized I had left the key back home, and I don't ever want to repeat that experience.[/QUOTE

Just call your local dealer and order what you need in keys, I did several months ago,, 5 minute call and they were received in the mail 4 days later.

/ Replacement key for Kubota?
Thanks Larry :)

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #4  
I don't know what kind of special key you have, but I went to a locksmith hand he made me a key..couple of bucks...no big deal

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #5  
Gamemaster said:
I don't know what kind of special key you have, but I went to a locksmith hand he made me a key..couple of bucks...no big deal

My Kubota came with 2 keys and I had a couple extra made at a locksmith shop. Nothing special if they have a suitable blank.

Pat

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #6  
My Kubota B7800 has the same key as a compact Case tractor, they are pretty common.

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #7  
All the Kubotas I have owned or operated (maybe a dozen) had the
same key until I got my B21. I made a key for it and it is just a 1/8"
piece of steel with one small slot on each side. Is this what the
industrial Kubotas use?

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #8  
The local Ace Hardware had Kubota blanks and cut me a few spares.

- Jay

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #9  
Just go to your local kubota dealer. There are only a few different types of keys made. Take in your current one and it should be easy to match ones on hand. (He can probably give you one based on just the model and year.)The cut of the keys are nothing special for different model tractors. A not so smart theif can easily steel a tractor with just a few different types of keys. The keys are not expensive.

/ Replacement key for Kubota? #10  
I was told there are three keys. Large tractors, small tractors, lawn mowers. Dealer has all three.