Stuck in gear

/ Stuck in gear #1  

Texas Dodge

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 4WD
Hey guys my L3400 is stuck in gear. The L/H/R lever on the left is stuck and will not move. I can't even get the tractor started.

/ Stuck in gear #2  
I know you may have tried this but have ya tried pushing in the clutch to relive the pressure on the gears.

/ Stuck in gear
wushaw said:
I know you may have tried this but have ya tried pushing in the clutch to relive the pressure on the gears.
Yes I have put in the clutch. The range lever is stuck between the H part. I can not for the life of me get it to move. I can't get the tractor started, all the lights come on but nothing. :mad:

/ Stuck in gear #4  
Just an idea, but did you try rocking the tractor back and forth while forcing the lever? Maybe have some one help by pushing or pulling on the rear tire.

/ Stuck in gear
beersngars said:
Just an idea, but did you try rocking the tractor back and forth while forcing the lever? Maybe have some one help by pushing or pulling on the rear tire.
I hooked a chain up to my truck to try and move it a little, but nothing:mad:

/ Stuck in gear
Here is where the lever is stuck at.

Lever.jpg

I did notice that the bar to the right is not in the slot like it is suppose to be, could that be the problem?

Lever2.jpg

/ Stuck in gear #7  
I think that bar may be the problem. It looks jammed to the lever. There should be some clearance there I think. It looks like the lever has to come further to the left in order to move it. There is still clearance to the left side shift bar so one would think the lever could move further left.

/ Stuck in gear
Well I got it started. There are two clips on the side by the fender that have to be pressed in together. So I used a screwdriver to do that and got it started. The only problem is I still can't get the lever to move. I am on L and I have my four low gears. I just can't get to reverse or high.

/ Stuck in gear
OK I got it fixed. Had to have the wife get on the tractor once we got it started again and press down the clutch while I used a big screwdriver to pry the bar back into place. All is good now:p Just not real sure why it did that though.:confused:

/ Stuck in gear #10  
Good news. From the looks of it make sure you move the lever full left or full right before going forward or reverse.