Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

Default Stuck in gear

Hey guys my L3400 is stuck in gear. The L/H/R lever on the left is stuck and will not move. I can't even get the tractor started.
    Brian

2007 Kubota L3400 4WD 4L/4H/4R
    Implements: Ansung 2540 Front End Loader, Continental 5' Bronco Cutter, 6ft. Armstrong Ag Box Blade, 3-PT Quick Hitch

Tractor
    Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi

Default Re: Stuck in gear

I know you may have tried this but have ya tried pushing in the clutch to relive the pressure on the gears.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by wushaw
    I know you may have tried this but have ya tried pushing in the clutch to relive the pressure on the gears.
    Yes I have put in the clutch. The range lever is stuck between the H part. I can not for the life of me get it to move. I can't get the tractor started, all the lights come on but nothing.
    Brian

Implements: Ansung 2540 Front End Loader, Continental 5' Bronco Cutter, 6ft. Armstrong Ag Box Blade, 3-PT Quick Hitch

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HSD

Just an idea, but did you try rocking the tractor back and forth while forcing the lever? Maybe have some one help by pushing or pulling on the rear tire.

2007 Kubota L3400HST, LA463 FEL with Markham tooth bar, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, Woods GB65 box blade, KK 6' landscape rake, John Deere 2 row corn planter, Fimco 60 gallon boom sprayer, KingKutter 5' tiller and a Kubota 1000 lb ballast box with more to come.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by beersngars
    Just an idea, but did you try rocking the tractor back and forth while forcing the lever? Maybe have some one help by pushing or pulling on the rear tire.
    I hooked a chain up to my truck to try and move it a little, but nothing
    Brian

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

Here is where the lever is stuck at.

I did notice that the bar to the right is not in the slot like it is suppose to be, could that be the problem?

Brian

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

I think that bar may be the problem. It looks jammed to the lever. There should be some clearance there I think. It looks like the lever has to come further to the left in order to move it. There is still clearance to the left side shift bar so one would think the lever could move further left.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

Well I got it started. There are two clips on the side by the fender that have to be pressed in together. So I used a screwdriver to do that and got it started. The only problem is I still can't get the lever to move. I am on L and I have my four low gears. I just can't get to reverse or high.
    Brian

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

OK I got it fixed. Had to have the wife get on the tractor once we got it started again and press down the clutch while I used a big screwdriver to pry the bar back into place. All is good now Just not real sure why it did that though.
    Brian

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

Good news. From the looks of it make sure you move the lever full left or full right before going forward or reverse.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast