Tractor Stability

/ Tractor Stability
There are a lot of variables when calculating stability. The liability of telling someone the tip over point will prevent anyone or any company from telling you. If you really want to determine the static tip over point, you could perform a test to determine the point both with and without implements. The test may take less time than the calculations and would be more accurate. You could jack up one side of the tractor until it reached the tipping point. If you secured the up hill side of the tractor with chains or cables and com-a-long(s), you could determine the exact tip over point without doing any damage. Of course I would have to recommend that you do not perform this test because it may be dangerous to do so and the static tip over point may mislead you into later thinking you were safe in a dangerous situation.

Andy

/ Tractor Stability
THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. SINCE POSTING THE FIRST MESSAGE, I CAME ACROSS THE TILTMETER DISCUSSIONS. THEY WERE REALLY INFORMATIVE. I WILL BE BUYING ONE OF THESE BASED ON THE DISCUSSIONS. YOU CAN CHALK UP ANOTHER SALE. THE MFG COMPANY SHOULD BE PAYING YOU GUYS!! GREAT INFO. GOOD FORUM.

I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING THE STATIC TEST YOU DESCRIBED, WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I MAKE ANY HEADWAY.......SO MANY QUESTIONS SO LITTLE TIME!
I HAVEN'T COME ACROSS THE ROLLED TRACTOR PICTURE YET, BUT WILL HAVE TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK.

TAKE CARE AND THANKS AGAIN,

DON