Default Kubota 5740 HML Transmission Sticks

Test drove a 5740HST yesterday at the dealer. The 3 position Hi-Med-Low main transmission lever was sticky - ie it would get stuck in certain positions and not able to shift without rocking the tractor back and forth a bit. Dealer claims this will work itself out in a few hours of use. Any other thoughts on this? Could it be a clutch issue?

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Default Re: Kubota 5740 HML Transmission Sticks

[QUOTE=MesaPlower]Test drove a 5740HST yesterday at the dealer. The 3 position Hi-Med-Low main transmission lever was sticky - ie it would get stuck in certain positions and not able to shift without rocking the tractor back and forth a bit. Dealer claims this will work itself out in a few hours of use. Any other thoughts on this? Could it be a clutch issue?[/QUOTE

Sound normal to me. These are not slick car trannys with all kinds of fancy synchros. The gears need to be relieved of stress and properly aligned to shift freely.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota GL3130

Quote Originally Posted by MesaPlower
    Test drove a 5740HST yesterday at the dealer. The 3 position Hi-Med-Low main transmission lever was sticky - ie it would get stuck in certain positions and not able to shift without rocking the tractor back and forth a bit. Dealer claims this will work itself out in a few hours of use. Any other thoughts on this? Could it be a clutch issue?
    Had the same issue on my new 5740HST when I first got it, but after putting about 12 hrs on the clock, it not a problem anymore.

Peter

Thanks DraftHorse, that confirms what the dealer is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DraftHorse
    Had the same issue on my new 5740HST when I first got it, but after putting about 12 hrs on the clock, it not a problem anymore.

Peter
    Peter nailed it!

I have a L5240 Cab HST with 108 hrs.
    I've noticed that by just tapping the HST pedal while shifting makes a smooth transfer. Don't jerk the tractor, not necessary, and definatly don't force it.
    The HST plus trans is a sweet piece of enginering.

I set the RPM's at 850 R's and keep the Auto throttle, the Stall Guard, and Auto H-DS, engaged 90% of the time and I just let the confusers take over power control, shifting, load adjusting.
    I didn't buy this for fuel economy, however I've noticed that this machine burns less fuel per day than my B3030 cab.

I highly recomend the HST Grand XX40 models.