BX 1800

/ BX 1800 #1  

Dyer retired

Gold Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1800 and 2010 B3030
Tried asking a question regarding BX 1800 and it didn't seem to get added? Any suggestions? In the event that this one works, the question was: I am a new member of TBN....great forum by the way! I am curious as to why I don't find many items regarding my particular Kubota model. The BX 1800 I have is a 2003 model, so I half expected to find similar problems, suggestions, solutions, etc. that I've experienced, but really don't see much regarding it at all. Maybe I should just be happy????? Dyer, retired

/ BX 1800 #2  
Welcome,

My thought is that there is info here but you might not have found it yet. Try the search above next to the main index and type in your tractor. You should find lots of info.

If not start a new thread and people will answer you.

Remember,

The BX series is the same except the engine size. So the layout of the 1500, 1800 and 2200 were identical except engines. So posting a problem about for example a bad safety switch applies to all the models not just the 1800.

/ BX 1800 #3  
Welcome TBN
I have a BX1830 and very little issues with it so far.
Remember that "No news is good news"
I would buy anothet in a heartbeat
Regards
DGS

/ BX 1800
Thanks guys! Of course, the minute I sent the question, I tried a different search (still getting used to the forum) and got some pretty specific postings as to the why I don't see a lot about them. I agree, no news is good news and my experience has been very positive. Like everyone else, I always feel like I should have bought the next bigger version, but the BX 1800 does everything I want it to and keeps me out of most trouble. Tnx agn.

/ BX 1800 #5  
I would guess that one reason that you may not see much about the bx1800 in particular could be because there may not be as many of them in use as the other bx's. When I bought my bx 1500, I also looked at the other bx's, the 1800 and the 2300. As I recall, the only difference between the 1800 and 2300 was horsepower and a few hundred dollars. If the 1500 wasn't big enough (it was just right for me) it would seem to me that most buyers would opt to pay the modest extra amount to get the additional HP.

/ BX 1800
I was of he same mind when I looked at 1800...everything else looked like it was too big, or too small and the snowblower attachment BX2750 on the front was the feature I was really looking for at the time, it was in the showroom, and by the end of the day in my dooryard. I had some minor hydraulic fluid leaks that drove me nuts, but easily fixed with a little thread sealer. I immediately upon delivery broke one of the amber flashers off (sounds like a pretty common practice) and had to learn some simple features that I now can't understand how I ever lived without. I had some neck surgery a few weeks back and have not been able to operate the tractor for awhile, was stumbling around looking for a replacement battery and came across TBN. I've found more interesting reading, ideas, projects, suggestions, and was also just a little glad to see that I was not the only one making some of my mistakes originally. I just recently learned a good lesson with a rear blade, but nothing that cost much for repair, so if I can just keep the ongoing mistakes to those minor things, I'll be very happy. Thanks for the reply! Dyer, retired

/ BX 1800 #7  
Dyer said:
Tried asking a question regarding BX 1800 and it didn't seem to get added? Any suggestions? In the event that this one works, the question was: I am a new member of TBN....great forum by the way! I am curious as to why I don't find many items regarding my particular Kubota model. The BX 1800 I have is a 2003 model, so I half expected to find similar problems, suggestions, solutions, etc. that I've experienced, but really don't see much regarding it at all. Maybe I should just be happy????? Dyer, retired
I have 3 of the Kubota BX Series tractors.
2004 BX23 bought new 11/2004
2003 BX1500 used bought last Nov.
New BX1500 bought new last Nov.
Like em all.
The BXs are great little tractors.

/ BX 1800
While I'm recuperating from surgery, my neighbor has been coming down and clearing the yard for me using my tractor, which of course he now wants one for himself. We have a dealer in the area that is very responsive too, so that helped sell me on it. I went from 9 h.p. John Deere lawn mowers to the BX 1800, so initially I felt like I was into some heavy construction equipment. I do an awful lot more with the blade than I would have anticipated and keep the dirt driveway and ditches cleared nicely during the summer. We've spent every other day this winter clearing snow, so the blower is a great attachment for me here. Weatherman said we are 190 inches of snowfall over this time last year. I'm ready for he lawn mowing season. Tnx. Dyer, retired

/ BX 1800 #9  
Dyer said:
While I'm recuperating from surgery, my neighbor has been coming down and clearing the yard for me using my tractor, which of course he now wants one for himself. We have a dealer in the area that is very responsive too, so that helped sell me on it. I went from 9 h.p. John Deere lawn mowers to the BX 1800, so initially I felt like I was into some heavy construction equipment. I do an awful lot more with the blade than I would have anticipated and keep the dirt driveway and ditches cleared nicely during the summer. We've spent every other day this winter clearing snow, so the blower is a great attachment for me here. Weatherman said we are 190 inches of snowfall over this time last year. I'm ready for he lawn mowing season. Tnx. Dyer, retired
I know what you mean.
Right after I got the 2 BX1500s last Nov. the wether got bad so I only got to put about 10 hours on each of them befor putting them up for the winter .
Got a long list of chores for all 3 tractors when the weather breaks.
It's been a loooong winter.