Grading BX2200 Box Blade Size

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #1  

Anonymous Poster

After spending way too many hours reading all the posts here, I have finally ordered my very own BX2200 with the 60" mower and FEL (it came in today and will be delivered on Monday!). Now I have one questions which I was not able to find an answer to in the archives. What size box blade are you using with your BX2200? I know the the "official" Kubota models come in 42" and 48" sizes, but I was wondering if the BX 2200 could handle the more common 60" size.

Thanks,
Jason

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #2  
No, it will not. A blade in the 42 inch to 48 ich is proper for the BX. Weight anywhere between 250 lbs and 375 lbs approx would be fine. I use the "expensive" Kubota 7548. I think something like the new KK XB box blade--part no BB-48-XB-Z would be fine. This blade weighs about 300 lbs and should be perfect for the BX, after all it was made for it.
J

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #3  
<font color=blue>...the more common 60" size...No, it will not...</font color=blue>

J...

Oh c'mon... what's another 12 inches (no sarcastic jokes from the peanut gallery either.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif) /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

This may very well be a perfect example of how NOT to oversize an implement for one's tractor... here the difference of 12" may determine working or not...

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #4  
My 2410 could work a 60 inch, probably equal to the BX with a 48. I have very heavy soil so the 48 inch gives the little BX a workout but it gets it done. The 2410 moves the 48 inch blade with authority and the position control helps me to modulate it so it never bogs down. If I were to get a 60 inch on the 2410 it would struggle in place/times in this clay just like the BX occasionally does with the 48. I am positve that those "common" 60 inch boxblades would be nothing more than an anchor to which the BX would sit and spin helplessly in all but the softest soil. You know, since we ain't on the clock why does it matter if we have to make 3 passes of a 48 for 2 of a 60? I would get the 48 inch on the BX with a weight of about 300 lbs. A 44 inch weighing 350 might be useful also.
J

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #5  
Yes, I put four hours on my 2410 today with a 60" box blade. It handled it just fine unless I completely filled it up. I would be afraid to put a 60" on something smaller. I got the sixty inch just because I thought I would do better taking wider shallower bites. So far my choice has been good for me.

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #6  
I have a 48" Woods GB48 on my BX, and it hanles it pretty well, as long as I wait fro the clay around here to dry up a bit. If I try to tackle it wet, I have serious problems doing any digging with it. given fairly dry ground, I can fill it up and still dig.

No way it could handle a 60" IMHO, unless your moving something very light and granular....

/ BX2200 Box Blade Size #7  
I have a 42" Landpride box blade on my BX2200 that works very well. It is wide enough to cover the wheel tracks and the BX can pull it full in low FWD. Weighs around 280lbs