Snow Hours moving snow

/ Hours moving snow #1  

Jadd

Bronze Member
Tractor
bx 1850 kubota
Just wondering. How may seasonal hours is the average home owner putting on their compact tractors moving snow?

/ Hours moving snow #2  
Last three very light winters about ten. This tough winter about thirty so far--got two more inches last night--no seat time for that. I'd prefer something in between....
Regards, Mike

/ Hours moving snow #3  
About 25hrs :)

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,015
   / Hours moving snow #4  
Have about 50 hours now. Will be more when at cottage full time when retired, have 1 km of road to self and another 2 to share with other full time cottagers.

/ Hours moving snow #5  
This year? About 30 minutes, after a 3 inch fall. I could have let it melt off but I plowed anyway for some fun. SE PA has had almost no snow to date.

/ Hours moving snow #6  
So far - at least 15. Another storm on the way tonight.

/ Hours moving snow #8  
jadd said:
Just wondering. How may seasonal hours is the average home owner putting on their compact tractors moving snow?

Absolutely as many as I can possibly get away with or justify. This year has been a little beyond reasonable for snow fall in Mid-Maine, so the average is up. So it depends, but I have always felt like I use my BX 1800 a lot. I go to the mailbox with it, I mow the lawn, I have a front mounted BX 2750 snowblower on the front and a 6 foot rear blade on the rear. I pull dead trees out to where I can get a chain saw on them. I level the driveway with the blade in the summer, manicure the ditches by the road, and I generally don't go for very many days without finding something to get seat time in. The neighbors think I live on it....and they're not far off.

I do much of the maintenance, modifications, installations, etc. myself and just enjoy tinkering with it. I keep meticulous logs on everything I do to the tractor, really just for the fun of it....kind of like a "ships log." I've had the tractor in "year round" use since it was new in 2003 and just went over 217 hours today. I sold a pickup truck one time and realized the error of that move, bought another one and will never be without one. I will, likewise, never be without a tractor and suspect that I'll continue to find creative uses for it.

I am curious as to the reason for your question though? If you are trying to justify to a spouse good reasons for buying a tractor, such as moving lots of snow in the winter, please don't show her threads like this....it's really just a lot of fun to own! Dyer, retired

/ Hours moving snow #9  
We've only had about 40" of snow this year and I may have had 2-3 hrs moving it. it doesn't usually take very long with the 50" blower........But, it can still snow as much or more than we've had.

/ Hours moving snow #10  
I guess you mean snow that has to be moved as opposed to just playing in the snow. :) I'm only in the country part time and it has not been a hard winter there. Less than 10 hours on my half mile of lane way. Average clearing takes about 20 mins.