Grader, scraper implements ?

/ Grader, scraper implements ? #1  

tandttravis

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B-26
What type of grader implement would you guys reccomend? I need to set finish grade around my house and cut drainage swales and such. I was thinking of a scraper vs a box scraper because it has more side angle adjustment, but I'm looking for a bit of input. I have a B-26

/ Grader, scraper implements ? #2  
Box blade with scarifers over a regular rear blade. Especially for making swales. Rear blades don't dig well unless very heavy, which means your B-26 wont have a chance. (Unless your soil is very soft.) In my area, most final grading on construction sites are done with box blade. With my own house I used a box blade. Superior choice.

/ Grader, scraper implements ? #3  
I've got both an 8ft blade and a 6ft box blade, and the box blade is far superior for moving material around. However, when it comes to a final, flat grade, the larger straight blade does a better job.

So, for your application, I think a box blade is just the ticket. You can drag material along, and then grade it out just where you need it. A straight blade means you're almost always losing material out the side, one way or the other (or both!).

- Jay

/ Grader, scraper implements ? #4  
With the infinite position control that the B-26 has, I also recommend a box blade. You can pull, push, or relocate the material; but get one wide enough to cover your tracks, probably a 60" for your tractor?