How often to paint

/ How often to paint #1  

offcamber

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
This may seem like a silly question...but....

How often do you guys paint the buckets on the FEL and BH. I know by their very nature the paint gets rubbed off. Do you bother repainting it at all or do you do it once a season etc?

I assume the dealers stock the orange paint....

/ How often to paint #2  
If it's in continous work, the sand scouring will keep rust down.. if it is 'done for a season'.. I'll hit mine with paint.. even if it is a quick spray or brush on job just to keep air and water from the metal..

soundguy

/ How often to paint #3  
I think tractors look silly with clean, painted buckets. What would the neighbors think?

And don't post a picture of your tractor without some battle scars. You'd be excused since you've had yours for a week or so...but if we see any of that silliness at the end of this summer, the resulting grief will be endless.

Seriously though. I keep mine inside and haven't seen the first stitch of rust show up anywhere, even on exposed metal surfaces. I can't say I take GREAT care to keep it clean, but USE is the best way to combat rust. If you see rust, just go dig something up. It'll go away quick.

/ How often to paint #4  
After I use mine, I spray it with a product my son gave me that coats the surface and stops rust from forming. It keeps the rust away for several months and I haven't yet found a period that the bucket wasn't used again sooner than the product wore off.

/ How often to paint #5  
I'm going to paint my RMSB as it's red and doesn't fit the ORANGE scheme so while I'm at it I'll paint all the areas which need it.

I'm not obsessed with it but I would like to keep it looking newer if I can.

/ How often to paint #6  
I never did buy any touch-up paint for my 1995 B7100, but when I got the 1999 B2710, I bought two rattle cans of paint (one of each color) from the Kubota dealer so I could keep it looking new. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.:eek: But when I sold the B2710 in 2002, I still had never used either can at all.:rolleyes: So I gave them to the guy who bought the tractor.

/ How often to paint #7  
It's kinda a personal choice.:D

My poor old worn out rebuilt bucket does not no what paint is but then it has a tendency to stay shiny for most of the year.:D :D :D

Check out construction equipment, ones that are used!:) :) :)

/ How often to paint #8  
Mine was repainted when I got it. It wears off quick.
Bird, I also got two cans of paint. I ended up using them for painting projects.

/ How often to paint #9  
Twice in 25 years.

/ How often to paint
My only concern was rust...Having only 5 acres and most of it wooded the tractor won't see extensive use...particularly the BH....

I guess it can't hurt to get a can of paint and some primer...