BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal?

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #1  

Torrak

Tractor
Kubota BX24
So, I have owned my BX-24 for about a year and a half now with about 75 hours on it. Already I have:

1) The cracked fender/deck problem

2) The hour meter is at around 65,000 hours and the headlights don't work

3) The battery cover does not fit

4) The handles all pull off when you try to use a lever

I have found several posts on here with these issues listed, but does anyone know if these are covered under the warranty or a factory recall? If so, do you have a link to something official I can take to our local dealer and call them on it?

Right now, I wouldn't suggest a BX-24 to my worst enemy. I used to love this thing but it has so many problems I am not sure I could even trade the thing in.

JB

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #2  
Torrak said:
Right now, I wouldn't suggest a BX-24 to my worst enemy. I used to love this thing but it has so many problems I am not sure I could even trade the thing in.JB

Evening Torrak... I'm always looking for a deal and I'm out Olympia way???

My BX23 has been a real work horse and my only complaint is that sometimes I just could use a bigger tractor... although I am really impressed with it and Kubota.

The BX24 seems to have several issues and the fender issue has been in this Forum since the beginning.

Has your Dealer installed the upgraded fender support kit? Don't hesitate to contact Kubota directly it your Dealer is not honoring your Warranty...

Some states also give you other avenues on Warranty Issues too.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #3  
I think all those issues were addressed by Kubota. If your dealer isn't handling it then I too would go directly to Kubota.
I really am happy with my BX24, it had all those issues addressed before delivery.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #4  
Torrak said:

I was able to pull off a couple of the rubber/plastic handles on a used machine I looked at. Not all, but a few. Was this a problem that Kubota addressed with a fix? If so, what was it - new handles? different adhesive?

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #5  
do a search on the BX warranty topic on this site., lots of recall items like the deck needing a modification kit...my suppler takes care of all the warranty work without any problems.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal?
Well to be honest, my dealer was small and friendly, and then they sold out to a big company on the other side of town who act like you are bothering them when you go to look at tractors.

Unfortunately, they are the only dealer within a good 40-50 miles.

Last time I went down to talk about the electrical issue (the timer malfunctions causing the BX hour meter to constantly run, therefore throwing off any chance of knowing how many hours you are using as well as draining your battery constantly) they simply told me Kubota's only have a 1 year warranty on electrical and that I would have to pay $300.00 just to have it shipped over to look at it.

Alas! Upon posting this last night, I found the website, BXTractors.info: The Kubota BX Wiki - BXTractors.info: The Kubota BX Wiki. It looks like someone rounded up all the warranty issues from this site and made it into a BX site.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #7  
Torrak said:
So, I have owned my BX-24 for about a year and a half now with about 75 hours on it. Already I have:

1) The cracked fender/deck problem

2) The hour meter is at around 65,000 hours and the headlights don't work

3) The battery cover does not fit

I have found several posts on here with these issues listed, but does anyone know if these are covered under the warranty or a factory recall? If so, do you have a link to something official I can take to our local dealer and call them on it?

Right now, I wouldn't suggest a BX-24 to my worst enemy. I used to love this thing but it has so many problems I am not sure I could even trade the thing in.

JB

All of the items you listed are covered by warranty replacement parts. Here are the numbers thanks to Charliebrn's postings:

(Grip Kit (Kubota part number:K2581-9557-0) Contains all the plastic handles and lever sleeves for the levers and knobs. Seems that they go on much tighter than the old ones.

Cluster kit: This is the dash cluster for all the gauges. The first design could accumulate moisture inside, or the hour meter may not work properly
BX1850 Part number K2501-6250-2
BX2350/24 Part number K2581-6250-2

For the original fenders that had a tendency to break...
Fender Kit: Part number K2581-95522

Step stay kit: These are the new brackets that support the floorboard. This is extremely heavy-duty. This has to eliminate any floorboard flex at all. Very impressive fix.
BX2350/1850 part number K2581-9554-0
BX24 Part number K2592-9554-0

I love my BX-24 and have been very happy with Kubota's stepping up to take care of the issues with this tractor. If you have issues they are with your dealer. I agree with skyco that you need to go to Kubota directly.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #8  
This new model had some growing pains, those are all things that we ran into with the first ones out the door... Kubota has addressed all those things and will fix them under warrenty on your tractor. New machines allready have these updates applied.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal? #9  
Take it to the dealer, then complain in here if they don't fix all that stuff.

The fender was a known problem almost immediately. The hour meter came a litte later. The handles are something most tractor owners can 'handle' themselves. You're not the first person with the battery cover fitment issue.

Don't remember how long the warranty was on my BX23, but it was AT LEAST two years, with an additional year on powertrain.

You bought a new model with teething issues. If you really hate it, sell it. Resale value on these things is fantastic.

/ BX24 & Recalls/Warranty - whats the deal?
Thank you for all the replies!

I went down and talked to the dealer today and they have scheduled an appt. to fix all the problems, under warranty.

Of course they had to wag a B-7810 under my nose while doing it to see if I would bite ;)

JB