Back to work

/ Back to work #1  

Shantycoke

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7800, Kubota T1570
Well, as some may recall, I tore up my knee back in Oct., had surgery on Halloween, and pretty much laid around for a few months healing. Had my work physical today, and will go back to the powerhouse on the 24th of this month. I was wondering when I did this if I would be off for Christmas, but I made it to Easter. What a long stretch to be off. Now I get to go back to work just when the weather is getting nice and the toms are starting to gobble. At least I got to move some snow with the B7800. Thanks for all the good advice and well wishes from all my buddies on TBN. You folks are the best.
Pat

/ Back to work #2  
Hello Shantycoke
Know how you feel
I ended up having a quintuple heart by-pass surgery after thinking all I had was pneumonia
Wrong!
Ended up with congestive heart failure
Spent 1 Week ICU
1 week hospital
Surgery on heart 7 hours
5 days ICU & recovery then home
That was in Nov 2007 and I am still in a recovery mode
Just hang in there it all takes time
Best regards
DGS

/ Back to work #4  
Shantycoke said:
Well, as some may recall, I tore up my knee back in Oct., had surgery on Halloween, and pretty much laid around for a few months healing. Had my work physical today, and will go back to the powerhouse on the 24th of this month. I was wondering when I did this if I would be off for Christmas, but I made it to Easter. What a long stretch to be off. Now I get to go back to work just when the weather is getting nice and the toms are starting to gobble. At least I got to move some snow with the B7800. Thanks for all the good advice and well wishes from all my buddies on TBN. You folks are the best.
Pat

I'm facing a potential knee surgery in a couple of months (right knee). Did you work up some sort of hand-control arrangement so that you wouldn't have to use your affected knee by could still run your tractor? I'm thinking of putting some sort of a lever on the HST and brake pedals.

Greg