Problem with toplink fit on B2620

/ Problem with toplink fit on B2620 #1  

seapea

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubtoa B2620
The toplink that came with my B2620 is rather short (about 17" when not extended). I bought a medium sized replacedment at TSC which is 21". However, it won't attach to the tractor. The space between the toplink mounting holes on the tractor is too narrow. The toplink that came with my B2620 is about 1 5/8" wide at the mounting point, and it just barely fits. The new toplink is about 1 3/4" wide, and is about 1/16" wider than the opening. How do I make it fit, or is there a different sized toplink I can use?

BTW, I also bought an extra long 25" toplink from a New Holland dealer (it's a lot closer than the Kubtota dealer), and it has the same problem.

thanks,

Chris

/ Problem with toplink fit on B2620 #2  
I can't really tell from the photos that I have, but it looks like the top link mount on the tractor might be two separate pieces. If it is, you probalby could loosen all four bolts, and spread the two pieces a bit further apart.

/ Problem with toplink fit on B2620
It is two pieces with 2 bolts holding each piece. Anyone know if they spread before I take a stab at it.

Chris

/ Problem with toplink fit on B2620 #5  
MessickFarmEqu said:
This is a common problem with aftermarket links. Just take a bench grinder to it.

1/16"...just rub it on the concrete a little bit. :) :D