Various Questions

/ Various Questions #1  

Dataway

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
I'm a new owner of a BX2200 with a Curtis Cab. I have a couple of questions. First....anyone know of a good, quick acting adhesive to use to reattach the velcro in various places on the cab?

Also, the large orange tailights on the BX don't work. Standard tailights work, additional small orange lights work, large round ones don't. Fuses all look good. Tried all the switches.

Also....where is the serial number/data tag located on the BX?

Thanks,
JohnnyB

/ Various Questions #2  
On my BX2200 the large and small orange lights work together as turn signals and flashers so I suspect same switches and circuits up to the lights-so problem is probably at the lights or where the wiring is unique.....

The serial # data plate on mine is on the right side of the frame under the foot rest - just about where the brake petal arm comes through.

/ Various Questions
Thanks, wiped off some dirt in that location and found the numbers.

Guess I'll follow those wires and see where the problem is.

JohnnyB

/ Various Questions #4  

For the velcro: sand the area where it will be placed. Just scuff the paint, no need to go to bare metal. Wash well w alcohol. Get a name brand contact adhesive (3M, Weldwood, etc). The kind that smell, not the waterbased type. Apply to both surfaces to be joined. Let dry for ten minutes or so and press together. Should last almost forever.

/ Various Questions
I tried some 3M ( think "type 77") contact adhesive that I had sitting around. Yep it did seem to work well...despite some of my poor prep work.

I'm new to cabs...and not real impressed with the Curtis soft cabs. Powder coat seems to have some real problems, plenty of rust bubbling up underneath it in numerous places....some adjacent to painted surfaces that are still fine. The powdercoat makes touchup a pain, I've got a powder oven...but not big enough to fit the cab in :)

Would have been nice if they had gone with some Stainless snaps instead of the velcro.
JohnnyB

/ Various Questions #6  
Dataway said:
... the large orange tailights on the BX don't work ...

Sounds like there may be 2 possible explanations:
- wire may be disconnected ---> check wire connection under the fender
- bulb may be defective -------> check the bulb

/ Various Questions
lp333....DOH!, didn't even think to check the bulbs...thanks for reminding me. Probably something very simple.
JohnnyB