Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal #1  

tmc2318

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 L3540 HST Cab
I'm looking for some quick advise from anyone that has had their speakers out of their Kubota cab tractor. My problem is that I removed the speaker grills by removing the screws and found that the screw was actually a bolt with a small nut that fell off when I turned out the screw. The nuts fell into the cab shroud but I got them out with a magnet. Short story is now I have the speakers out and the grills but can't get the new speakers back in because I can't hold the nut in place. Anyone know how to get access to the 'back' of the speakers to get the speakers re-installed?

:confused:

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal #2  
If it is like my L4200 cab you will have to remove the outer orange cover. It comes right off.
If your replacing your stock speakers, you might consider speakers without a tweeter, you will not need more high end reproduction in your cab. KennyV.

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal
thanks..I have 8 automotive type clips and #8 screws ready to try....how does the canopy flip up?

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal #5  
KennyV said:
If it is like my L4200 cab you will have to remove the outer orange cover. It comes right off.
If your replacing your stock speakers, you might consider speakers without a tweeter, you will not need more high end reproduction in your cab. KennyV.
How does the orange roof cap come off? :confused: thanks

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal #6  
If you look from the top you will see bolts (10mm socket) around the perimeter. Remove all and lift the top off. It is very light, Easy off, While you are in there you can add a layer of silver backed bubble wrap type insulation, (Just glue it to the inside of the orange top).You won稚 believe how cold youæ±*e A/C will work this summer. KennyV.

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal
great....the insulation is not there from the factory?

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal #8  
From inside the cab, look up and along the perimeter of the roof above you. You'll see the bolt heads, use 10mm socket. There are a couple of bolts that don't require removal but go ahead and take them all out. Then lift off the outer shell. It is light but big, so it is best to have some help.

/ Kubota L3540 Cab Speaker Removal #9  
The original post was made in "2008", I think he solved this issue by now.;)