What size bolt on L4400...Help please

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #1  

cityfarma

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
My L4400 is 3 hrs away and I need to know what size socket to buy to tighten a hydraulic line that is leaking. Refer to picture. The bolt is the one connecting the curved pipe covered in oil. It is on the right side of the tractor and the hoses come from the FEL control.

Thanks in advance.

Cityfarma

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please
Whoops!:eek: Try again.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 182
   / What size bolt on L4400...Help please #4  
I've got the parts and shop manual for the L4400 so I'll try to look it up when I get home.

However, a standard set of metric sockets should cover it. And if you don't have a set, you should.

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #5  
Oddly, neither the shop manual nor the parts list gives nut or bolt sizes, only part numbers. Plus, neither one shows any loader parts. Sorry.

In any case, if you have a tractor you really need some basic tools. You can get a Craftsman, or similar quality ratchet set that covers 10mm-22mm sockets for under $40. This will cover your current problem and many other tractor needs.

I keep an adjustable wrench, a pair of channel locks and a vice grip in the tractor tool box at all times.

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #6  
It's in the 16 or 18mm range.

Just by a set of metric 6 point shallow 1/2" drive sockets. Buying one at a time is the expensive way to get a set!

jb

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #7  
'Supercheap' (In Australia) have a reasonable quality set of ring/open end spanners that covers everything from about 8 to 45 mm. Sooner or later you'll need most of them on a tractor. Mine cost about $40 I think - thats much cheaper and (usually) more convenient than a heap of sockets. Big sockets are very expensive and not very versatile. But big spanners can be used on lots of things such as tap fittings.

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #8  
Hi city:
On my L4400 I just tried sockets on all the hydraulic bolts I could find. Some were 23 mm and others were 26 mm. Most were 26mm.
simonmeridew

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #9  
A last resort is the good ole Crescent wrench. Will work in a pinch.:)

/ What size bolt on L4400...Help please #10  
lol..that would suck.. driving 3hrs then realizing you brought the wrong size socket.:rolleyes: