New kubota owner

/ New kubota owner #1  

simpilot

Just purchased a new to me Bx2230 with 200+ hrs. and 60" MMM mower from my local dealer. After reading on this great site for a few days with all the available help I feel I can handle this tractor OK. Hope I can contribute after some learning. Retired with about 5 acres. Plan to mow about 3 acres. Of course I have a question!!!!. My engine (D902-E) temp gauge never goes past the very edge of the normal range on the cold side. Outside temp about 60'F and mower not running. Normal? Does it have a thermostat? Seems too cold to me. Thanks for any comments. Looking forward to mowing. :D

/ New kubota owner #2  
Mow on. That's exactly where mine sits. On a 100 degree day at full tilt, I don't think it has gotten past 1/4 of the way up.

I would say something about diesels running more efficiently when hot, but considering I normally get a solid 2 hours per gallon in varied use, I couldn't fathom the machine being ANY more efficient or pleasurable to use.

Did your dealer put a new seat on there for you? If he didn't, ask. If he doesn't have any, find one. Lie, cheat, or steal for that new seat. It makes a WORLD of difference...there are several recent threads and pictures.

Look forward to many pictures and experiences. We LOVE them.

/ New kubota owner
Thanks for the reply. The new seat. Read about it here a lot. Dealer said he never heard of it. I have printed some info. including the Product Information Bulletin and plan to enlighten him some. I noticed some other people on here have had the same problem. May need to look some place else. Appreciate info. on engine temp.

/ New kubota owner #4  
Check with Messick's if your dealer can't help you. At last count they had several seats still available. See other thread in this forum.