BX24 won't start!

/ BX24 won't start! #1  

Velocity

After setting over the winter, my tractor won't start. The battery has a good charge, but the starter won't turn the engine. The seat safety switch seems to be working ( I can hear the relay under the cowling clicking). Does anyone have any suggestions or have a copy of the wiring diagram for this tractor they could share? Thanks.

/ BX24 won't start! #2  
check the pto switchs. then check if power is to the starter when key on and cranking

/ BX24 won't start! #3  
I have this problem frequently and for me it has to do with the PTO kill-switch. I can make it go away by fiddling with the PTO engagement lever and making sure that it is firmly seated in the back position.

/ BX24 won't start! #4  
All you may have to do is check out every shutdown switch and every battery connection to find the little Gremlin. These little fellows also seem to run around to different contacts as you check. :D :D :D

And put a charger on the battery just for insurance and check the fluid level if that is possible!:D :D

/ BX24 won't start! #5  
Fiddling with the PTO engagement lever also worked for me once. I called the dealer after my bx24 start start as described and thats what he suggested.

/ BX24 won't start!
Thanks to all who responded. It turned out to be the PTO switch. I had fiddled with that a bit before with no success, but today it started fine after messing with the PTO lever. It seems as though this is a very common problem. I wonder if Kubota has a fix so that you don't have to mess around to start your tractor. I think I'll call my "not too helpful" dealer on Monday. Thanks again.

/ BX24 won't start! #8  
Velocity said:
Thanks to all who responded. It turned out to be the PTO switch. I had fiddled with that a bit before with no success, but today it started fine after messing with the PTO lever. It seems as though this is a very common problem. I wonder if Kubota has a fix so that you don't have to mess around to start your tractor. I think I'll call my "not too helpful" dealer on Monday. Thanks again.

You've probably found that when the PTO lever is in the off position it pushes the button of the interlock switch and allows the tractor to start (or keep running when you get off of the seat). The switch lives under under the bodywork under the seat and is adjustable by loosening its mounting screws and sliding the switch in its mounting plate.

You can see it with the seat up but I believe that you need to remove the left rear wheel to gain easy access. Mine gave me some trouble just before its 50-hr service and the dealer adjusted it under warranty. The symptom was the tractor shutting down every time I got off of the seat - even with the PTO off it acted as though it was on. I chalked it up to a new tractor settling in.

/ BX24 won't start! #9  
Same thing - stupid PTO / seat switch.

Every single time I bush hog for more than an hour or so - this BX24 has some electrical issue afterwords.

Anyhow - for future people who search for BX24 won't start - all I did was hop up and down on the seat and move both PTO levers all over the place... no issues now.

/ BX24 won't start! #10  
wierd, at least you able to get it started again. seems like every equipment we own always has it own quirks. :rolleyes: