How did you first discover Kubota?

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I posted this on another thread but thought it would make a good one on it's own. Hope OK.
The question is, how were you introduced to Kubota? I mean, when did you first realize this was a really good thing and one or more was in your future?

My attraction to Kubota started in the 1980's. I saw a fellow that used a little BX or B-sized until there was nothing left. And then he used it lots more. Commonly referred to as the worst farmer on earth, he abused that little thing by commercial rototilling and plowing as well as bush hogging. No one today would dare do what he did with that. Stumps and rototilling car bumpers were no reason to take it easy.
I can't remember the hours but it was more than I had ever seen. And he tilled metal and rocks and posts and it kept on chugging along.
And, being the worst farmer in earth, I can't recall much in the way of service.
Since then I've owned an M8950 that was the best tractor I ever had and now have an L4300 and B7800. They are real workhorses.
That was my into to Kubota. Yours?

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #2  
Just can't remember how I first heard about Kubota!:D :D

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #3  
TBN
As city boy building in country I knew zero about country living but I was sure I would need a tractor because just about everybody had one.
Trying to learn about country life led to countrybynet which led to TBN and Orange.

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #4  
4 years ago we stumbled upon an old farm with a few acres that my wife just had to have. I started out looking for an old 8N to knock down the weeds, but my brother made sure I knew that the 8N he had recently sold needed repair at least twice a year to the tune of 500.00. He asked his mechanic what to buy to replace it and was told to "buy the Kubota, the one that doesn't need fixing".

My 2 nearest neighbors have BX's they putz around with and they were very happy with them. While it is totally against my nature to go with the crowd, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a lesser brand, so instead I satisfied that need buy buying a bigger Kubota :D

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #5  
Back in the 80s a friend of mine owned a landscaping business....all his tractors and mowers were Kubota....The name always stuck in my head and through the years all the farmers and landscrapers I knew either used them or had good things to say about them. In fact I have never met anyone who had a bad thing to say about Kubota.

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #6  
I was tired of using a push mower to mow around the paths of my 30 acre property so I went looking at what was out there. Saw the garden tractors at the big box stores with plastic parts and thin steel frames. Then by chance stopped in at Kubota dealer to have a look. When I saw the BX I just fell in love. It was apparent that the BX was built just as solid as big tractors. I was sold. I knew I loved the tractor but when I found this site I discovered I had made a real good choice based on the experiences of others. That was 4-5 years and over 1000 hours ago with very few minor repairs in between. My property has undergone a major transformation because of the tractor. One of the best purchases I've made in my life.

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #7  
Working in the green industry for decades, the kubota name was no stranger to me. I walked into the dealer to purchase a jd, walked away with my 1st kubota & have never looked back!

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #8  
Why... on TractorByNet... of course!

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #9  
Two words: State Fair

We had purchased our 5 acres a little more than a year before and hadn't done much with it yet. We were at the fair, walking past the Kubota Dealer's display when I jokingly stopped and (within earshot of the salesman) said, "Hey Honey, we should buy one of these!) The salesman obediently and reluctantly walked over. My wife's surprising reply was, "Well, we need one. You could mow the field and move dirt and stuff".

You could almost see the switch flip in the salesman's mind from "waste of time" to "potential sale".

Two weeks later I had a BX2230.

Greg

/ How did you first discover Kubota? #10  
I had a 49 Farmall Cub with a 5 foot Woods belly mower. It took me about 5 hrs. to mow my 4.5 acre yard, and that was on a good day. When I built my barn, my neighbor up the road (whose family owns the local Kubota dealership) heard that I was going to rent a Bobcat to backfill around the basement of it. He showed up at my house with a cooler full of beer and he told me that I was not to rent the Bobcat, but use his Kubota with a FEL for the backfill. This was of course, discussed while we emptied the cooler. Needless to say I was very impressed, and I really didn't want to give it back to him. A couple years later while trying to mow, he caught me welding on my Farmall, which was a common occurance during the mowing process. He went and got his brother and ended up talking me into a new tractor. Now my cutting time is about 2 hrs. and I don't have to work on it halfway through the job. I especially love it when my buddies who drove green went orange after trying my B7800 out.
Once I find something that works the way it should, I stick with it. I won't own anything else.
Pat