HP/Acre

/ HP/Acre #1  

Kubota-monkey

Silver Member
Tractor
L35 with bt900 backoe and box scraper + grader blade
What is everyone's thoughts on the amount of Hp per acre in a rural landscape??

/ HP/Acre #2  
I don't remember just where it is, but there's already an extensive thread on this topic that was started by JimBinMI quite some time ago.

Bird

/ HP/Acre #3  
With my limited firsthand experience and the knowledge I have gained from this site I do not think there is a simple answere to this. Some things to consider are:
Is the property hilly or flat?
What kind of soil?
What kind of plant material will you have to cut?
How often will you be cutting it?
Will you be using a FEL?
How much money do you have to spend?
How much time do you have?
What kind of implements will you be using?
Etc.?
Usually you can get a compact tractor with 4wd and HST for what you will have to pay for a mid-size tractor without 4wd and without HST. Some say go for the hp, but keep in mid that 4wd makes up for a little less hp. It is tough decision so do a lot of research. Once you have made you purchase do not look back. Be happy with what you got.

/ HP/Acre #4  
Hi All,

The original thread is under "Oils and Lubricants". Very entertaining reading....and I'm still happy with my 30 hp on 2/3 acre!!!

~Rick

/ HP/Acre #5  
If you do a search it was called "Horsepower/Acre"

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ HP/Acre #6  
I believe Jim figure out almost 2hp per acre,but thats if you have a NH... just kiding Jim./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Hope all going well this summer for you.
Stay safe and /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ HP/Acre #7  
Thomas,

Now, now...I believe that the conversation that included Wen was that my NHTC18 (18.5 hp) was equated to his Kubota M6800 (68 hp)! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ HP/Acre #8  
Yes, but only if you don't start the M6800. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ HP/Acre #9  
Details,details...................../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ HP/Acre #10  
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Anyway, that's what somebody profound said. Never have quite figured it out./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif