Snow Have to go move more snow

/ Have to go move more snow #1  

teeravis1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
I love the four seasons we get here and enjoy winter as much as summer, but..................... seeing as it is April 12 I'm ready for the seasonal change to spring, I've had enough winter for this year. I'm sitting hear drinking my coffee looking out the window at about 8" of snow, a new 8", not the 8" from this past Tuesday. I'll try to get some pics here when I get out to clean it up this morning. It is not as easy to clean now cause my gravel drive has become un frozen and in a few spots there is actually mud holes under the snow. No more just riding the loader and back blade on a frozen layer of snow :( . Guess I should quit complaining and go clean it up!

/ Have to go move more snow #2  
As much as I love the four seasons you are right, 8" on April 12th is a bit much. I'm near Albany and my peas, lettuce, chard, radishes, and beets are in the ground. I've taken my snowblower off and am now moving dirt, not snow.

My mom & dad are an hour north of me and they still have some snow on the ground. Their spring veggies might go in the ground this week... if the rest of the snow melts.

Enjoy playing in the snow. I had a lean year, only going out 5 or 6 times to dig myself out. Definitely not what I call a good winter for me but I'll take what I can get and hope to play in the snow a little more next season.

Keith

teeravis1 said:
I love the four seasons we get here and enjoy winter as much as summer, but..................... seeing as it is April 12 I'm ready for the seasonal change to spring, I've had enough winter for this year. I'm sitting hear drinking my coffee looking out the window at about 8" of snow, a new 8", not the 8" from this past Tuesday. I'll try to get some pics here when I get out to clean it up this morning. It is not as easy to clean now cause my gravel drive has become un frozen and in a few spots there is actually mud holes under the snow. No more just riding the loader and back blade on a frozen layer of snow :( . Guess I should quit complaining and go clean it up!

/ Have to go move more snow #3  
I hear you teeravis1! We had another 6" last night and 4" yesterday here off the NE shore of Lake Superior.

My wife drove through the worst of it on the way to a conference in Detroit. It was 21 C in Detroit when she got there at 5PM yesterday afternoon.

I gotta go out and snowblow my driveway :mad:

/ Have to go move more snow #4  
It looks like we'll end up with the second most severe winter on record for Eastern Washington. About ninety inches of snow compared to our average of about fifty. My property sits at about 3200 feet, and I've still got about two feet of snow covering most of it. Now, having said all that, we are having our first sixty degree-plus day since last September and breaking a string of thirty-some days in a row of below average temps. Spring has finally arrived on April 12--hooray!!
Regards, Mike

/ Have to go move more snow #5  
Right now, NH is 4.1" shy of an all time snow record. There are still some large patches of snow in my yard, and snow banks beside the driveway, but it has been melting pretty fast recently.

/ Have to go move more snow
Before moving any snow:
100_6753.jpg

100_6755.jpg

Beginning to move snow:
100_6760.jpg

Snow banks:
100_6763.jpg

100_6764.jpg

100_6767.jpg

After moving snow:
100_6770.jpg