Bro Tek thumb installed today...

/ Bro Tek thumb installed today... #1  

Mowbizz

Platinum Member
Tractor
'14 Kubota BX25D
Got my Bro Tek parts last week (thumb, ripper tooth, skid plate) and found a few spare minutes today and went out and installed the thumb. Literally took less than 10 minutes. Had a brain fart about the little orange u-shaped thingy that comes with and didn't remember where the heck it went... anyone know?:confused:

/ Bro Tek thumb installed today... #2  
Most likely it is the spacer bushings between the side plates and the connecting arm.

Craig

/ Bro Tek thumb installed today...
Shmudda said:
Most likely it is the spacer bushings between the side plates and the connecting arm.

Craig

Oh yeah...thanks! I didn't really install the top link yet as I'm not using the thumb right now...so when I extend the arm and put the top link in place it will fit over the top link and take up the extra space...yup remember now..:D

/ Bro Tek thumb installed today... #4  
Yup it takes up the space where your upper link attaches to the bracket.....keeps it from sliding back and forth between the plates.

The thumb works great but I was a little dissapointed on the quality of the welds....just seemed a bit sloppy. Lots of grinding to make it presentable....plus on the U-shaped piece I had to grind some booger weld off to get it to fit between the plates...just think its a quality control issue.

However I it seems solid and the skid plates looked very nice...

/ Bro Tek thumb installed today... #5  
Richard is shipping my thumb and ripper the first of next week. My ripper is the first he's made for a Woods BH6000. Can't wait!!