My (new) used B7100

/ My (new) used B7100 #1  

Chuckanut

Bronze Member
Tractor
B7100HSD w/ B1630C loader
The sales guy delivered my B7100HST-D yesterday afternoon. :D :D Here are some pictures for you to look at. I am excited to get out and use it but I have a list of projects that I need to finish first. :(

I was not home but my wife was there. Which is a good thing since the sales guy talked to my wife and explained the benefits, the resale value (in the event of an upgrade), and Attachments that a tractor can do. You see, she does not always believe me when I tell her something; after all, I am just the husband! I know she was listen to the sales guy because she said something I never thought I would hear from her? And that statement was "Now, you can put a backhoe on this tractor, Right?" :eek: :eek:

BUT I panicked and I MESSED UP! I said "Yes it could take a backhoe" WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID WAS "NO. But if we need that, we can get a little larger tractor with one already attached" :rolleyes: :eek:

Chuckanut

Attachments

• B7100_HST-D_1.JPG
    B7100_HST-D_1.JPG
    898.5 KB · Views: 427
  • B7100_HST-D_2.JPG
    B7100_HST-D_2.JPG
    922.1 KB · Views: 427
  • B7100_HST-D_3.JPG
    B7100_HST-D_3.JPG
    742.6 KB · Views: 359
  • B7100_HST-D_4.JPG
    B7100_HST-D_4.JPG
    935.8 KB · Views: 391
   / My (new) used B7100 #3  
You're going to love the little 7100. One of the hardest working tractors Kubota has ever built

/ My (new) used B7100 #4  
Congrats on the new tractor!!! You'll have a blast with that!!

/ My (new) used B7100 #5  
Congratulations on acquiring a "little mule." You'll have a lot of fun with that. I had a b7100. Kept it for a year before selling it to a neighbor for what I paid for it. Bought a b2400 w/loader as a replacement. I miss the little mule. Never would have sold it if it'd had a loader. . .

Lefty

/ My (new) used B7100 #6  
Looks like the paint still shines. I have it's cousin, it's amazing how much work these little guys will do.

/ My (new) used B7100 #7  
Chuckanut said:
...The sales guy delivered my B7100HST-D yesterday afternoon...

Chuckanut, you are indeed a lucky person. The B7100 sold very well from 1977-1983. It was replaced by the B7200 (starting in 1983), then later by the B1550 (starting in 1988) and then again by the B1700 (1995).

In my opinion and experience, the B7100 is a very very special little workhorse. The B7100 is as close as it gets to a North American legend when it comes to Kubota tractors. The reason for this being that after the B7100 was discontinued in 1983, sales of the new models (B7200, B1550 and B1700) in NA were not as good as Kubota had expected. Further, the public kept asking dealers for the B7100. In light of lagging sales and public demand, Kubota finaly elected to re-introduce the B7100 in NA 1991. When Kubota finally stopped selling them around 1996, it wasn't because public demand had stopped, but rather because Kubota's inventory had run dry and none were left to sell.

The re-introduced B7100 can be easily distinguished from its older brother by an elegant front grill that bulges outwards. In my opinion, the B7100 is probably the longest running Kubota model sold in NA, and arguably Kubota's most popular model at least until the advent of the very popular BX series. Perhaps the only real failing of the B7100 was its lack of power sterring when used with a front loader.

The B7100 remains a remarkable little workhorse. The B7100HSD (like yours) was my very first Kubota, and a source of immense enjoyment. Chuckanut, I know that you will LOVE owning and operating this legendary machine.

/ My (new) used B7100
Thanks to all for your kind words. After driving it around a little this weekend, I have realized that is the perfect size tractor for my little 5 acre home. Before the tractor I was in shock at how much work I was going to have. Now, I am confused as to where to start using the tractor.

I already have my 2 year old daughter saying "Daddys tractor" ;) and pointing to it. You will deffently be hearing questions and comments from me about this tractor.

/ My (new) used B7100 #9  
Looking at your first picture makes me think a bigger tractor might be too wide to clear the building. :)

And by the way, that is a cool looking cobblestone driveway. Did you do that yourself?

/ My (new) used B7100 #10  
Chuckanut said:
Thanks to all for your kind words. After driving it around a little this weekend, I have realized that is the perfect size tractor for my little 5 acre home. Before the tractor I was in shock at how much work I was going to have. Now, I am confused as to where to start using the tractor.

I have a b7100 gear and 4.5 acres, I agree it is about the perfect size. Certainly a lot of work on that many acres... but I am not sure yet if the tractor saves work or makes more ;) "gee, I could put on the hoe and run a trench right along there..." :eek: